+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early play-off prediction

Early play-off prediction

Way too early I know, but does anyone else want to take a stab on how the play-offs will shake out?

Barrow
    -------
    Solihull
    Bromley
    -------
    Yeovil
    Notts
    Stockport
    Barnet

Notts bt Stockport, Yeovil bt Barnet, Solihull bt Notts, Bromley lose to Yeovil, Solihull bt Yeovil

You have to think Notts need to strengthen further to have a better shot at it

It’s difficult because it is likely there will be upwards of 10 teams still competing for 6 play off places last few games of the season. If for example we beat Solihull and win our game in hand we will only be 2 points off 3rd, so tight is the league.

The targets I/we set in the points needed charts were 75 for 7th and 85 for 3rd based on last 5 seasons. However 7th is currently predicted 73 pts and 3rd 75 pts based on current points.

Ideally we need to be 2nd or 3rd but I think your prediction of 5th is a good shout and next best thing. I do think it’s still a bit early and way too many teams in with a chance at this time to make any kind of prediction, however in the spirit of the tread I’m going;

Yeovil
    ——————
    Barrow
    Harrogate
    —————-
    Barnet
    Notts
    Stockport
    Solihull

I reserve the right to change my mind though in 10 games time

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    It’s difficult because it is likely there will be upwards of 10 teams still competing for 6 play off places last few games of the season. If for example we beat Solihull and win our game in hand we will only be 2 points off 3rd, so tight is the league.

The targets I/we set in the points needed charts were 75 for 7th and 85 for 3rd based on last 5 seasons. However 7th is currently predicted 73 pts and 3rd 75 pts based on current points.

Ideally we need to be 2nd or 3rd but I think your prediction of 5th is a good shout and next best thing. I do think it’s still a bit early and way too many teams in with a chance at this time to make any kind of prediction, however in the spirit of the tread I’m going;

Yeovil
    ——————
    Barrow
    Harrogate
    —————-
    Barnet
    Notts
    Stockport
    Solihull

I reserve the right to change my mind though in 10 games time
    Sure, I'll probably be changing mine at 5:00pm

Playoffs = Televised = Notts defeat

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Playoffs = Televised = Notts defeat
    Playoffs = Televised = Opposition get 3 goal start = Notts defeat

I think we're going to win the league now we've realised if we attack and actually try then we can get a couple of goals fairly quickly. No reason we can't go on a run now to see us challenging for the title come seasons end.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I think we're going to win the league now we've realised if we attack and actually try then we can get a couple of goals fairly quickly. No reason we can't go on a run now to see us challenging for the title come seasons end.
    NURSE!

Only joking but there’s nothing to say other teams seasons will collapse and ours will get better … is there?

We're into the 3rd quarter of the season and have spent a grand total of 2 to 3 weeks in a play-off spot (lower end). Everything still points to a mid-table finish. We've just beaten two sides in poor form, which is encouraging in terms of avoiding a slide into the bottom half or worse but today will tell us if we really have turned a corner in regards to challenging for promotion.

Sutton beating Yeovil is nice and means we can draw level with them if we win games in hand!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    We're into the 3rd quarter of the season and have spent a grand total of 2 to 3 weeks in a play-off spot (lower end). Everything still points to a mid-table finish. We've just beaten two sides in poor form, which is encouraging in terms of avoiding a slide into the bottom half or worse but today will tell us if we really have turned a corner in regards to challenging for promotion.
    I would say that everything doesn't point to a mid-table finish - we have shown that we are quite capable of at least a play-off place finish. Last year when we were bottom, people were saying that the league table does not lie. Only 1 team have let in less than us (and we've just beaten them) and they have played a game less than us. Third best goal difference. No team have lost less.

If we had converted 3 of the 9 draws into wins we would be 2nd.

The glass is 3/4 full tonight for me.
    Last edited by magpie_mania; 28-12-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast