+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Lincoln City

MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Lincoln City

I have one great over riding memory of watching Rotherham United against Lincoln City and that was way back. I don't remember what part of the season it was or who scored if indeed there was a goal scorer.
    It was the first away match I went to with my father in law and my brother in law but although that was alright the father in law was not in the habit for going for a drink before the match, in fact if he made it to the match at all before kick off it was a bonus. I used to pick him up on the way when I started driving and had my own car but before that I used to walk to his for a lift. We'd set off at the very last minute so we'd arrive just as the whistle sounded for the kick off.

Anyway at Lincoln we'd managed to get parked up and walked up to the ground with quite a few Millers, them smelling of beer and us of extra strong mints but we got there without needing a piss so not all bad.
    Walking up a road and across a little bridge, over a field and there it was, Cincil Bank with its large stand and not much more.

I remeber seeing Bos in his white boots warming up but he didn't play as I remember but we did buy him not long after! Not a patch on Mendonca or Williamson I'm sure that you'd agree and probably the worstestist centre forrud I've seen in an overly long Millers shirt.
    That fücking air raid siren was turning each time they had a corner and I heard it last week on the highlight show on Quest. It was annoying and it seemed to be none stop that day as the ball kept on coming into the box from all parts of the pitch.

ONE Man stood taller than everyone else that day! Alan Knill was a mountain of a man and headed more balls clear than I think I've ever witnessed in a match! Header after header went back to safety from him. As I've said I can't remember much else from the match but for that one thing. It was the making of him as a Miller for me! His commitment and his determination for us to get something from that game was beyond what some players have given their whole careers as Millers.

Today he embarks as a coach in the Premiership, he's earning more money now than he's ever earned in his playing career, as a manager for us and before that as a coach.

Good things come to good men and he's one of my favourite defenders as a Miller and mainly due to his game at Lincoln City way back then.

We need players with his commitment as well as the undoubted ability some of the defenders we have now. It's not just a matter of walking out onto the pitch and relying on your ability to see you through because this league isn't like the Championship. In this league the majority of the players aren't good enough for the Championship but ours have shown that they're capable!

Let us wish that the defenders defend the way Knill did that day! If they do then we won't lose!

Enjoy the match everyone!

Comme On You Reds!

Bonjour Froglet, trust you are well in Frogland. Very windy here but at least it looks as though the rain has dropped.

Yes Knilly, nice man indeed. Had dinner with him once while he was our Manager. A very quiet placid chap and came across extremely very knowledgeable on the game. Good luck to him in his current role, he must be loving it.

Today - this will be a sounding board of who wants to show their intentions to make their mark early on. Our defence is a worry but so long as we score more than them, that's what will count in our favour. Don't know why but Freddie is and will be our match saver this season. I've already backed him to be the league's highest goal scorer, he's just naturally gifted to score goals galore.

They are bringing a good following so should make for a good atmosphere. Would love to see Frecks play but doubt he will. Like someone has suggested earlier, if he ain't playing then maybe he could do the half time draw and get the reception he thoroughly deserves.

Understand he's posted something on a site saying how he wanted to end his career with us but as things turned out he's now at Lincoln. Because of how he portrayed his affection for us etc, he's received some bad feedback from the Lincoln fans, hope he's not damaged his reputation at their club. To us though he will always be fondly remembered.

Going for a free open game today and having a dabble on 3-2, can't be doing with 2-1 that's Pockets prediction

Should see a lot of football played on the floor today due to the strong winds, but then again we don't know Lincoln's game plan.
    Onwards and upwards as they say, UTM!

Is it Clive Mendonca?

I can't make the game today and am gutted about it but life gets in the way sometimes so I will have to follow it on twitter or here.

I suspect a pretty poor game with us just nicking a win by 1 goal but who knows what will happen?

UTM!

I hope it’s worth it, I’m doing a 150 mile round trip for this one !

Going to be a tough one, Lincoln are my outside bet to make the top six.
    May the best team win....as long as it’s us !!

I think we're worrying too much.

Millers comfortable win.

Iversen;
    Olosunde,
    Ihiekwe,
    Robertson,
    Mattock;
    Barlaser,
    Crooks,
    MacDonald;
    Vassell,
    Smith,
    Ladapo.

SUBS
    Price,
    Wood,
    Wiles,
    Proctor,
    Morris,
    Lindsay,
    Cooper.

I would have liked Wiles to start but then I always will want Wiles to start from now on!

Thank God for that. We could be ok now

Thank heavens for the magic sponge

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast