+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Rutter Humble Pie Thread

The Official Rutter Humble Pie Thread

Large slice for the Rev.

He was absolutely outstanding yesterday.

Take a bow son

*Waits for WTF to come along and ruin the thread*

Love his sheepish grin too bit like R9 Ronaldo.

I guess it shows what having decent players around you and a manager who knows how to set teams up and give players confidence.

The last goal we scored was sensational.

I’ll probably have a slice meself.
    Let’s hope I’ll be having one every week.

The best part of that pie is that the 49’s turned down 29 million this summer and supported coach in keeping him.

That is looking really good right now

I read he got a few words of the manager after the game about showing up the opposition - I did think he was going to get a kicking off one of the Watford players who looked less than pleased at being to look crap, surprised that ref didn't book Rutter for same

Looks fitter / stronger than last season, and confidence is growing. Champ level for sure, Prem is a different thing. Lets not forget his price tag, so he needs to show what he can really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    *Waits for WTF to come along and ruin the thread*
    Ruin, as in inject a modicum of reality into this discussion?

He cost a club record fee and just about everyone has suggested we got rinsed good and proper (apart from the usual suspects), in vuew if his wholly underwhelming performances and lack of ability to find the back of the net under any circumstances

In the games in which he has played this season he has scored twice, and had a really good game yesterday.

I'm genuinely pleased for the player, for those who saw him put in such a good performance and for the club who he has helped get into the top 6.

2 goals in 16 appearances doesn't make for a club-record signing, even if it is coupled with one really good performance in the field.

If that's ruining a thread then I'm sorry, and if he has somehow become rejuvenated and scores at 1in 2 and performs like he did yesterday, between now and end-October I absolutely promise to join the queue for pie.

He’s a player that makes everyone around him better. Those are hard to come by. Pablo comes to mind.

He’s just getting started. Barring injury he could be a full blown monster by seasons end.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Ruin, as in inject a modicum of reality into this discussion?

He cost a club record fee and just about everyone has suggested we got rinsed good and proper (apart from the usual suspects), in vuew if his wholly underwhelming performances and lack of ability to find the back of the net under any circumstances

In the games in which he has played this season he has scored twice, and had a really good game yesterday.

I'm genuinely pleased for the player, for those who saw him put in such a good performance and for the club who he has helped get into the top 6.

2 goals in 16 appearances doesn't make for a club-record signing, even if it is coupled with one really good performance in the field.

If that's ruining a thread then I'm sorry, and if he has somehow become rejuvenated and scores at 1in 2 and performs like he did yesterday, between now and end-October I absolutely promise to join the queue for pie.
    I usually don't like to get involved with these discussions. Here i will make an exception, because I see and hear this argument so often not just in football.. Essentially, what you are saying wtf and have said about several other players is that they are bad Orta signings until they are proven to be good. If they turn out to have poor seasons or have bad games, you say "I told you so". If they have a few good games as Rutter appears to have had, you pull out your stats, to fit your argument e.g. "2 goals out of 16" and "1 out of 2" before saying he's worth the money. Firstly, Rutter played in a team that changed managers 3x over the season. 2ndly, the guy is very young. 3rdly, not many players score 1 in 2 when they are not the central striker. So your pronouncement is really odd and has virtually no chance of being correct. Even the great Mick Jones did not score 1 in 2 during the Revie years. Maybe he wasn't worth the money?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)