+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Peterborough United v Barnsley

Romared Match Thoughts Peterborough United v Barnsley

The halfway game of the season and further marked by an away game to promotion rivals Peterborough United .

This game won't make or break our season but a victory away from home against a promotion rival would certainly give us some belief that a real challenge can be made in the second half of the season and backed by a good January window .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    This game won't make or break our season but a victory away from home against a promotion rival would certainly give us some belief that a real challenge can be made in the second half of the season and backed by a good January window .
    Copy that mate.

3 points please Lad's.

I always fancy us away & London rd has been a reasonably happy hunting ground in the past , 3 points heading back to Gods country me thinks !!

I hope you're right Shadrack. But an attacking performance, like Peterborough are capable of, will rip our defence to shreds - that's my worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I hope you're right Shadrack. But an attacking performance, like Peterborough are capable of, will rip our defence to shreds - that's my worry.
    Gorrit in one Arbs. Our weaknesses will be truly exposed against this side me thinks and a home win looks likely. That is unless Roberts performs like Luke Steele did at Anfield in 2008.

This game will give folk, especially ones who are harbouring thoughts of promotion a bit of a wake up call.

We're on a good run aren't we. 1 defeat in 12 but I'm far from convinced that we are promotion material due to our weaknesses in defence. We're at the halfway point and I think Collins has done a very good job with what he's got. I'm with him and can see what we're trying to do. We're playing some nice football into feet and clearly trying to build an ethos whereby we can play at a higher level and succeed. We can do this with the necessary backing. Down to the board is this whether we push on or fall away

Cant forget how they tore our defence a new ar5shole in the home game, that after we had gone ahead. They have pace and power in their team and we just dont cope well with that. Home win for me but you never know.

If we play like we did 1st half against Vale we win.
    If we play like we did 2nd half against Vale we lose - and likely to lose badly.

Which Barnsley team will turn up ???

Athersley Rec would've looked good against port vale in that first half. Vale were absolutely woeful and played as bad as I've seen any of our opponents play in years.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Athersley Rec would've looked good against port vale in that first half. Vale were absolutely woeful and played as bad as I've seen any of our opponents play in years.
    Nowt to do with Barnsley then ???

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast