+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Trump found guilty of all charges

O/T Trump found guilty of all charges

He won’t serve jail time though he’s too influential, and he can bring far too many people down

Expect a big fine nothing else. After all, it would just disgrace the American society to jail an Ex American President.

Not a shock. It will be quashed before the election. The tell it's a fix is that literally everything stuck.

Wouldn't be shocked to see a judge send him down though.

If they can't win at the ballot, they'll destroy your credibility. If that fails, cheat. We saw the same here.

They'll be plenty of other stuff they launch at him to see what sticks but given Russia turned out to be a hoax (no ones been convicted of that little lie yet), it was only a matter of time before they went digging with a weaponised court system in a partisan area.

Problem for the democratic side is, if he does win, they'll all be for it.

A redefinition of trumped up charges

I’ve watched juries perform for much of my working life (and I’m very close to retirement) and have nearly always been impressed by the way in which they apply themselves to the task. It’s not permitted to ask them for their ‘workings out’, but it’s often possible to work out how they are thinking by the questions they ask and by watching their reaction to the evidence as it unfolds.

The result in the Trump case was always going to be seen through a political lens, which would have weighed heavily on the jury members (particularly given the inability of Trump and his supporters to accept defeat – think 6th January insurrection). With that in mind, to dismiss the verdict of all twelve of them as a political fix is hugely disrespectful to them and the process.

It should also be borne in mind that Trump and his lawyers participated in the jury selection.

A note on him being found guilty on all charges; I can’t pretend to have followed the evidence word for word, but as far as I can see, all the counts were based on the same witness testimony. It follows that it would be surprising if the jury were to accept some of the evidence, but not all of it.

Boring reply. I know that it's more excting to believe in conspiracies.

What gets me with the American presidential election is that with all of the people in America they end up with those two to choose from.

To think that they will choose between someone who’s willing to send people to war and spend billions of our taxes on it whilst making money from it and a tv character who kept world peace for 4 years.

The issue is, a court has just gone through an entire legal process without ever specifying what felony has taken place. Can you actually imagine that holding water here?

When something is being described as "novel", brought about by someone who has stated repeatedly and publicly they were going to "get Trump"...it's very difficult to see anything other than a deliberate attempt to overcook charges.

Do it enough times and suddenly the problem goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    The issue is, a court has just gone through an entire legal process without ever specifying what felony has taken place.
    Falsifying business records.
    ("...falsifying business records in the first degree is a class E felony")

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    What gets me with the American presidential election is that with all of the people in America they end up with those two to choose from.

To think that they will choose between someone who’s willing to send people to war and spend billions of our taxes on it whilst making money from it and a tv character who kept world peace for 4 years.
    I agree that the Americans have an appalling choice (although you didn’t mention Robert F Kenndy who I would have thought might float your boat). It’s reminiscent of Corbyn v Johnson in the UK in 2019.

The characterisation of Trump as someone who kept world peace for 4 years comes straight from the Trump propaganda machine, however. American forces were actively committed in Afghanistan and Syria throughout his tenure in the White House. By contrast, Biden ended the involvement in Afghanistan (in a terribly cack-handed manner, unfortunately). Trump also recognised Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, which added a little bit of fuel to the Israel – Palestine conflict.

It's true that Biden has committed parge amounts of cash to the Ukrainian war effort as has much of the rest of the world. He could have said that the conflict was a ‘quarrel in a far away country, between people of whom we know nothing’, but that approach didn’t work out terribly well for Neville Chamberlain when he said it of the German annexation of the Sudetenland in 1938.

From 'X' -

"If only Trump had abandoned a laptop full of videos of himself smoking meth, banging hookers, waving illegal firearms around, and emails detailing his scheme to sell his dad's influence to China... all of this could have been avoided..."

I understand that not all the evidence was presented as much of the defence evidence was rejected by the judge. I don’t think anyone can deny that the US Judicial system is highly politically influenced and since both the Judge and The DA are both committed Democrats with the judge even a donor to the party with an activist daughter you must admit that it was highly likely to turn out a guilty verdict. I’m not saying that Trump wasn’t guilty but this trial was engineered for entirely political motives and if it hadn’t been Trump it would never have got to trial in the first place. What Biden and his crack head son did in taking Ukrainian money then denying it was far more worthy of trial and we now know was shelved by this corrupt Democratic government. This may of course make Trump even more popular because everybody knows it was a fix and if/when he does get back in the White House old Sleepy Joe and Junior had better watch out!!
    Last edited by BarnsleyWhites; Yesterday at 01:42 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast