+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slim Pickings for Non-League Day tomorrow

Slim Pickings for Non-League Day tomorrow

Swallownest v Garstang or Kiveton Park v Rossington Main Reserves the only non-league games in Rotherham tomorrow by the look of it.

For those who don't know, Non-League Day was created to boost the profile of non-league football 8 years ago and always coincides with an international break.

But those being the only options I think I'll watch Barnsley v Luton on Sky instead.

http://www.nonleagueday.co.uk

Bradford PA VKidderminster second v third for me

Worksop Town playing the Mighty Maltby Main at Worksop :-)

Quote Originally Posted by audimiller View Post
    Worksop Town playing the Mighty Maltby Main at Worksop :-)
    That would have been a big game 1984/5.

Yes mate, i played for Worksop in 83 under John Saunders and Tommy Spencer in the old northern premier league. Maltby would have been in old north east counties so would have only played them in sheffield senior cup at time

What happened to Tommy Spencer. Remember him well in the 1975 promotion team. Had the turning circle of an aircraft carrier, but became a fans favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    What happened to Tommy Spencer. Remember him well in the 1975 promotion team. Had the turning circle of an aircraft carrier, but became a fans favourite.
    He joined the Millers at a low point in our history, following relegation to the old 4th Division. Great lower division centre back - solid, reliable and also capable of getting a few goals for us at corners. Did a good job of helping to bring on the Millers youngsters, like Stancliffe, and getting us back to Division Three.

By the way, back on non-league matters, Chesterfield are away at Halifax, if anybody fancies it.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 13-10-2018 at 10:51 AM.