+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Same old cack

Same old cack

“Yes, we’ve taken on difficult games against teams who will be, at times, better than us. We need to ensure we take something from every game and we learn and today will do just that, particularly the younger lads who came in.”
    Aye right Ian yer just talking the same sh,,t, as last season better get the finger out and get some decent players in like you were hired to do or you won't last long this season

re: Same old cack

IB has made it clear a GK perhaps Skippy and only 2 more so what we have is it Dosser.Lets get behind them.COYW.

I don't look to far into pre season friendlies. They are only a means to getting some match sharpness before the season kicks off. If we are still playing as bad as it seems we did against Bradford when the season kicks off for real then we should worry. I've seen us before winning all our pre season games then having a stinker of a season, on the other hand I've seen us lose them all and do ok.

Dosser, if you don't mind me asking, what is it exactly that you feel so aggrieved about?

Is it just the case that you don't like Baraclough? You don't like his tactics? Maybe he just rubs you up the wrong way (these things happen ) Perhaps it is something more than that?

I mean, yeah, the Bradford result may not be encouraging but it's not the end of the world. It's a pre-season friendly.

I don't expect the first team has been properly established yet, and by conceding two set piece goals, there's obvious work to be done on the training ground.

But, to slate the recruitment policy at this stage is somewhat impulsive in my view. The club is conducting a root and branch overhaul, something that people have been calling for on here for a very long time. The general consensus (granted, I have to read forums for this) is one of optimism. One pre-season defeat and we're all doomed???

Nah man...positive change takes time. Save the rants for when we see what this new world is going to

I think it is pointless to use the results from pre-season as an indication of how the season will go as the games are for getting players back to match fitness, they are not there for getting results. I think what we have seen this summer in terms of recruitment has been very positive and, with a few more additions in weak areas, we will be well equipped for the season ahead. I think many people are too quick to jump on the bandwagon of criticising anything the manager says, something i don't think will benefit the club in the slightest. I think its time to give Baraclough a chance to show us this season if he is capable of bringing success to Fir Park and I for one am very optimistic of his chances.

Pre season games are a bit of a mixed bag. I moved to Canad prior to Bosman Rulings and the starting 11 was pretty much defined and conditioning getting match ready/fit was the focus and games actually seemed to mean something. Yes we even had the first team playing against the reserves as preseason game.
    Now it seems more like a "kick in the grass" and difficult to gauge much from it. Personally given Bradford had there reserve team out for about 60 minutes not much to read into it and maybe not worth the price of admission in tight economic times.
    I am cautiously optimistic about the season ahead and note BBC is reporting the the Manager is urging/telling Scott MacDonald he needs to make a decision on whither he is going to resign or not so that's a plus. We do need to strengthen our midfield and that and another striker seems to be a priority. The first few games of the new season and additional signings to come may be an indicator of how things will pan out and if things stay of

If we have an injury list like we did for most of last season then Yes we could be in trouble butIMO we have to give the manager the chance to prove himself with his players and style of play.It goes without saying that if he then fails to deliver then he must answer his critics but until then I will fully support him

Quote Originally Posted by dosser1
    “Yes, we’ve taken on difficult games against teams who will be, at times, better than us. We need to ensure we take something from every game and we learn and today will do just that, particularly the younger lads who came in.”
    Aye right Ian yer just talking the same sh,,t, as last season better get the finger out and get some decent players in like you were hired to do or you won't last long this season
    Gone yersel Dosser, endear yourself to many more 'WELL fans, afore the season has started. You must have been really annoyed when we humped servco over the two legs to keep ourselves in the top division.

By your thinking as we lost to Bradford we will struggle as we have won next 2 does that mean we will flourish no it dosnt friendlies are to help match fitness nothing else it's what happens on 1 St August that matters

Seems like a decent pre season for once. A series of warm up games against very different opponents.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)