From the FC Groningen website,

https://www.fcgroningen.nl/nieuws/va...aar-schotland/

Translates as -

Kevin van Veen leaves today, Wednesday 29 November, for an indefinite period of time. The striker of FC Groningen will assist his heavily pregnant girlfriend for the delivery. Van Veen is about to become a father for the first time.

Kevin van Veen was still part of the match selection for the win against Jong AZ on Monday evening and was originally supposed to travel to Schiphol to fly to Scotland, where his girlfriend lives.

"The intention was to induce the delivery last Tuesday, but we decided against it at the last minute," says Van Veen. "In the final stages of a pregnancy, it is important to be close to each other. I am grateful to FC Groningen that the club gives me all the time and space to be with my girlfriend and the birth and I am very much looking forward to the moment that we can hold our daughter in our arms."

Since it is not yet certain when the delivery will take place, it is still unclear when Van Veen will return to Groningen.

FC Groningen wishes Kevin and his girlfriend the best of luck with the delivery and the birth of their daughter in the coming period.