+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crawley (FA Cup) - Match Ratings

Crawley (FA Cup) - Match Ratings

A quick attempt:

Stone: 7 - got better as the game progressed, with a couple of great saves, but doesn’t fill me with confidence

TAR: 6.5 - wasted a couple of opportunities with some awful crosses, not his best today

Macari: 7 - can see he needs a bit more confidence but that will come with game time

Rawlinson: : 7 - didn’t didn’t realize until half way through the second half he was playing, solid performance

Baldwin: 6 - A ticking time bomb with a guaranteed couple of mistakes a match, Crawley missed a 1 on 1 that they should have taken. He’s become the new Richard Duffy, goes down feigning injury when he knows he’s fecked up.

O Brien: 7 - you know what you’re going to get a committed performance

Crowley: 7.5 - Another solid performance

Austin: 7 - consistent as ever

Jones: 7 - a typical Jones performance topped off with a couple of decent efforts

Nemane: 6 - didn’t do much wrong, by the same token didn’t do much right neither.

Mc Goldrick: 7.5 - did what he needed to do when it mattered

Subs:

Langstaff: 7.5 - came in and did what he does best, gave us a cutting edge

Tipton: 7 - was quite surprised, fitted in quite well, will be interesting to see if he fits in when the injured are back

Cisse + Gill: 7 - weren’t on that long but nice to see them blooded for ten ish minutes, didn’t look overawed, nice to see some talent coming through the ranks for what seems along time, who was the last?

Overall we did what we needed to do with a patched up side, but I think overall a draw would have been a fair result.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    A quick attempt:

Stone: 7 - got better as the game progressed, with a couple of great saves, but doesn’t fill me with confidence

TAR: 6.5 - wasted a couple of opportunities with some awful crosses, not his best today

Macari: 7 - can see he needs a bit more confidence but that will come with game time

Rawlinson: : 7 - didn’t didn’t realize until half way through the second half he was playing, solid performance

Baldwin: 6 - A ticking time bomb with a guaranteed couple of mistakes a match, Crawley missed a 1 on 1 that they should have taken. He’s become the new Richard Duffy, goes down feigning injury when he knows he’s fecked up.

O Brien: 7 - you know what you’re going to get a committed performance

Crowley: 7.5 - Another solid performance

Austin: 7 - consistent as ever

Jones: 7 - a typical Jones performance topped off with a couple of decent efforts

Nemane: 6 - didn’t do much wrong, by the same token didn’t do much right neither.

Mc Goldrick: 7.5 - did what he needed to do when it mattered

Subs:

Langstaff: 7.5 - came in and did what he does best, gave us a cutting edge

Tipton: 7 - was quite surprised, fitted in quite well, will be interesting to see if he fits in when the injured are back

Cisse + Gill: 7 - weren’t on that long but nice to see them blooded for ten ish minutes, didn’t look overawed, nice to see some talent coming through the ranks for what seems along time, who was the last?

Overall we did what we needed to do with a patched up side, but I think overall a draw would have been a fair result.
    Would agree with most of those, but we’re back to the Baldwin conundrum - brilliant 99% of the time, gifts the opposition chances once or twice a game (twice yesterday - one led to a goal; he got back to redeem himself for the second). I’d give him a 7.

Tobi set up the first goal but just doesn’t convince in the RWB position. The game passed AN by until he went back to RWB in the second half, where he gave us an attacking outlet (but the less said about some of his defending the better).

The biggest frustration for me right now is that Morias and Randall just can’t stay fit at a time when we really need them.

Agree with most of the original ratings but couldn’t feel more differently about Baldwin; despite the odd ‘Baldwin moment’ thought he was excellent and we wouldn’t have got the win without him. As LW pointed out after, he had to do far more last ditch-type defending than we’d normally expect.

Stone - 6.5 - Couple of good saves, but probably should’ve claimed the cross for the second. Busy game but overall didn’t really press his claims that he should be #1.

Macari - 6 - Solid, dependable and comfortable in possession. Now looks to be first choice.

Baldwin - 8 - As above. Got back in to make one tackle early in the 2nd half when they looked certain to score (looked offside) that very few defenders at this level would be able to have made. Another couple of excellent last ditch blocks too. Wasn’t the perfect display and you always get the odd ‘moment’ with him but without those he’s probably playing at least 2 levels higher. Don’t think we get the win without him.

Rawlinson - 6.5 - Solid, gets an extra .5 as was out of position. Doing his job well in providing reliable cover across the defence.

Adebayo - 6 - Hit and miss. Good cross provided the first goal and shot/cross shortly after nearly added another but also wasted a few good positions. Early sub didn’t look enforced and there were many others ahead of him that needed resting so sense LW wasn’t hugely impressed either. Will get another chance Tuesday though.

Austin - 7 - Good display out of position. Willing to take the ball under pressure and move it efficiently. Think rotating him and Tipton depending on the game (Austin when we’re likely to have a lot of the ball, Tipton when it’s more of a physical match where we’re defending more) could just about get us through to January.

O’Brien - 7 - Suddenly a key man and led the midfield well today. Better on the ball than had previously been the case and plenty of commitment off it.

Jones - 7 - Usual class, always such a threat. Looked to be targeted defensively but improved as things went on in this regard.

Nemane - 6 - Looked lost inside but much better when moved back out into his regular role on the right.

Crowley - 7.5 - One goal and assist again. Denied another cracker by a superb save. Always willing to take the ball under pressure and almost always wriggles out with it still at his feet. One run along our own six yard line typified how calm he is. What a signing.

McGoldrick - 8* - Robbed for MOTM; goal was superb, both assists showed a touch of class. It must be said he did look more at home and more of a threat in the central striker role he’s played all of his career; is it time to try him and Langstaff as an out and out front two?

Subs

Langstaff - 7.5 - Came on, scored the winner, denied another late on by an outstanding save. Did his job and more.

Tipton - 7 - Was impressed with him, thought we looked much more solid with him in the midfield. Isn’t a natural fit for our team in that he’s more of a ball winner than a ball player but think he could have a role to play, particularly in games we’re likely to have to defend more.

Cisse and Gill - Agree with the original poster in that it was good to see both get minutes and start to see academy lads come into the first team picture again. Would expect both to start on Tuesday. Liked LW post-match explanation about only giving these first team opportunities to those who’ve earned it over a long period too.

Interesting comments. Baldwin still splits the fanbase, I know which side of the fence I sit on. He would be in my starting lineup every game.

Nemane needs to stay out wide and continue to work on defending.

Adebayo Rowling needs to improve if he wants to become a regular in the side.

McGoldrick showed his class again and this time scores and assists. In answer to the above person's question I would say yes. No better time when he basically have next to no central midfield. But does that weaken the midfield further with him not as deep? Or does it mean we just have to be more direct to the front two?

Tough one but I would play McGoldrick up front with Langstaff from the start which I believe would be the first time this season but could be wrong.

I'm with freemuzzy, exactly as I saw it

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Agree with most of the original ratings but couldn’t feel more differently about Baldwin; despite the odd ‘Baldwin moment’ thought he was excellent and we wouldn’t have got the win without him. As LW pointed out after, he had to do far more last ditch-type defending than we’d normally expect.

Stone - 6.5 - Couple of good saves, but probably should’ve claimed the cross for the second. Busy game but overall didn’t really press his claims that he should be #1.

Macari - 6 - Solid, dependable and comfortable in possession. Now looks to be first choice.

Baldwin - 8 - As above. Got back in to make one tackle early in the 2nd half when they looked certain to score (looked offside) that very few defenders at this level would be able to have made. Another couple of excellent last ditch blocks too. Wasn’t the perfect display and you always get the odd ‘moment’ with him but without those he’s probably playing at least 2 levels higher. Don’t think we get the win without him.

Rawlinson - 6.5 - Solid, gets an extra .5 as was out of position. Doing his job well in providing reliable cover across the defence.

Adebayo - 6 - Hit and miss. Good cross provided the first goal and shot/cross shortly after nearly added another but also wasted a few good positions. Early sub didn’t look enforced and there were many others ahead of him that needed resting so sense LW wasn’t hugely impressed either. Will get another chance Tuesday though.

Austin - 7 - Good display out of position. Willing to take the ball under pressure and move it efficiently. Think rotating him and Tipton depending on the game (Austin when we’re likely to have a lot of the ball, Tipton when it’s more of a physical match where we’re defending more) could just about get us through to January.

O’Brien - 7 - Suddenly a key man and led the midfield well today. Better on the ball than had previously been the case and plenty of commitment off it.

Jones - 7 - Usual class, always such a threat. Looked to be targeted defensively but improved as things went on in this regard.

Nemane - 6 - Looked lost inside but much better when moved back out into his regular role on the right.

Crowley - 7.5 - One goal and assist again. Denied another cracker by a superb save. Always willing to take the ball under pressure and almost always wriggles out with it still at his feet. One run along our own six yard line typified how calm he is. What a signing.

McGoldrick - 8* - Robbed for MOTM; goal was superb, both assists showed a touch of class. It must be said he did look more at home and more of a threat in the central striker role he’s played all of his career; is it time to try him and Langstaff as an out and out front two?

Subs

Langstaff - 7.5 - Came on, scored the winner, denied another late on by an outstanding save. Did his job and more.

Tipton - 7 - Was impressed with him, thought we looked much more solid with him in the midfield. Isn’t a natural fit for our team in that he’s more of a ball winner than a ball player but think he could have a role to play, particularly in games we’re likely to have to defend more.

Cisse and Gill - Agree with the original poster in that it was good to see both get minutes and start to see academy lads come into the first team picture again. Would expect both to start on Tuesday. Liked LW post-match explanation about only giving these first team opportunities to those who’ve earned it over a long period too.
    Now's the time for LW to play Mcgoldrick and Langstaff as a front 2 with Crowley in a free role behind them. They've done well so far but from what I've seen Mcgoldrick is better and as a central striker and Crowley with a free role so he can't be man marked.

When are the few ‘thickies’ on here going to realise that the system we play will always provide opportunities to the opposition and so will sometimes force a defender in to a mistake, it happens with all the teams that play in a similar fashion to Notts in higher divisions. Regards Baldwin, many on here say ‘he is brilliant most of the time but he is a liability’ - wheras the informed fans are aware that if he were to be brilliant 100% in every match, he would be playing in the Championship not L2.

Unnecessary rudeness but accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Would agree with most of those, but we’re back to the Baldwin conundrum - brilliant 99% of the time, gifts the opposition chances once or twice a game (twice yesterday - one led to a goal; he got back to redeem himself for the second). I’d give him a 7.

Tobi set up the first goal but just doesn’t convince in the RWB position. The game passed AN by until he went back to RWB in the second half, where he gave us an attacking outlet (but the less said about some of his defending the better).

The biggest frustration for me right now is that Morias and Randall just can’t stay fit at a time when we really need them.
    Its time we got rid of them...We need player who can keep fit, not persistent crocks...

I concur Durham, Randall as been a disaster with injuries, Sutton fans said he was made of biscuits

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast