+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it me?????

Is it me?????

Just not feeling the usual excitement for the start of a new season. I am getting older so perhaps the desire is waining although not alot of talk on this forum about it either - anyway, lets hope we get a good start at Coventry and have a brilliant season.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Just not feeling the usual excitement for the start of a new season. I am getting older so perhaps the desire is waining although not alot of talk on this forum about it either - anyway, lets hope we get a good start at Coventry and have a brilliant season.
    Football pales by comparison with a magnificent sporting occasion like Mo Farah's stunning victory last night. Plus supporting Notts has been very wearing over the past few seasons. Expectations have been dampened. Most fans think a top half finish is the most that can be expected. Not exactly riveting stuff, is it?

I love the opening weekend... not so bothered about 1 result (obviously hope we win) but knowing I have 9 months of football to feast on. The excitement of local derbies, will we have a decent cup run or get a big gun? Will we be challenging come April next year? Dealing with the ups and inevitable downs throughout the season. This season is particularly exciting as my 4 year old (been to 3 games) really wants to come (for now). What better feeling having your son with you

I'm surprised but I'm actually feeling quite excited. Clearly, being a Notts fan, that is tempered with not a small dose of trepidation.

Will it be 'At last!' or 'Here we go again!'? Only time will tell
    Last edited by SwalePie; 05-08-2017 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I love the opening weekend... not so bothered about 1 result (obviously hope we win) but knowing I have 9 months of football to feast on. The excitement of local derbies, will we have a decent cup run or get a big gun? Will we be challenging come April next year? Dealing with the ups and inevitable downs throughout the season. This season is particularly exciting as my 4 year old (been to 3 games) really wants to come (for now). What better feeling having your son with you
    Wish I had your enthusiasm

Listening to an interview several weeks ago about some Championship club or other deciding tat this season would be "consolidation" the commentator said, quite rightly, that that is the last thing supporters want to hear! Consolidation? Where is the incentive in that?? (Joe falls off the commode!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Listening to an interview several weeks ago about some Championship club or other deciding tat this season would be "consolidation" the commentator said, quite rightly, that that is the last thing supporters want to hear! Consolidation? Where is the incentive in that?? (Joe falls off the commode!!!)
    Depends on the context. If you're Huddersfield in the Premier League or Burton in the Championship, consolidation sounds a fine target and fans know the score. However, if your owner has been boosting season ticket sales with promises of "wow" signings and minimum top seven finishes on radio and social media, then fans get a bit miffed if the reality doesn't match up.

I'm happy the season's started and I'll try to get to as many games as I can. I'm optimistic we can be top half and vie for a play-off spot.
    I'd feel more enthusiastic if Stead and Smith weren't in the squad and that their wages were combined for another new striker but you can't expect to like every decision.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post

Can't fall off my commode, it's fitted with a safety belt. As for today's game, perhaps sitting on my commode at home reading the Guardian would have been much more interesting than the game I witnessed.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Can't fall off my commode, it's fitted with a safety belt. As for today's game, perhaps sitting on my commode at home reading the Guardian would have been much more interesting than the game I witnessed.
    In the absence of a button...LIKE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast