+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Season

New Season

Only a couple of weeks away.

Here we go again, managed to get time off work so will be travelling up for the Watford game.

Early days obviously but I am slowly starting to get the buzz of a new season and all that goes with it.

Liking our new signings, come on you red and whites.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Rockthecasbah View Post
    Only a couple of weeks away.

Here we go again, managed to get time off work so will be travelling up for the Watford game.

Early days obviously but I am slowly starting to get the buzz of a new season and all that goes with it.

Liking our new signings, come on you red and whites.
    Very excited about this season although I do still think we need one or two more new faces in by the time it all kicks off. But Holbjerg looks bloody good as does our front line if they can all stay fit. We could be a top 8 side again for sure, and with a nice run in Europe into say the last 16 or 8, plus a FA cup run, what is not to love.

Looking forward to the coming week and returning to St Mary's if only for the friendlies, to a Puel side and how they cope against two very good sides. I have even delayed going on holiday the first day of the season to see the Watford Game,as all probability may have to miss 1 or 2 later. And as in North Wales have got my ticket for the Manchester game. I even got my first passport ready for one European away day.

Should be a good season, maybe not as high a finish in the table. A successful season would be winning a trophy. Maybe that's asking too much though !

Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    Should be a good season, maybe not as high a finish in the table. A successful season would be winning a trophy. Maybe that's asking too much though !
    My hopes for every seasons tbf.

One day we'll win something...

Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    I have long been a 'Win a cup' man. I love finishing 6th, but better to finish 12th and win the FA cup for a club like ours. Is Puel a Cup man?

Lot of pressure on mangers with league places being worth so much but I hope we give all games the best we have. As always I hope for a top half finish and good cup run. Looking forward to being back at St Mary's for the Watford game.