+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T - Ticketmaster Data Breach

O/T - Ticketmaster Data Breach

Ticketmaster Data Breach

Been reported that Ticketmaster Data has been hacked, which has impacted 560 million people.

The Data reported to be offered for sale on the Dark Web for 500,000$

Brilliant…..

And we've only just signed up. Great timing.

The 'whole' world on line is vulnerable 24/7. It's your own personal choice what you join/log on to that gets at you.

There's a lot to be said about turning up in person and paying over the counter rather than using a web site. Call me old fashioned but, the less web sites involved in my life the better. I don't do use facebook but I'm told regularly I'm missing out on loads....each to their own I say.
    Last edited by Brin; 30-05-2024 at 08:27 PM.

A few years ago I was filling in a form on the Lloyds bank website, I made a mistake spelling my own name ( yeah that dim)

Being in a hurry I pressed “send” forgetting to correct it.

To this day I still get letters and other communications with that error reproduced, most completely unconnected to Lloyds or banking

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    The 'whole' world on line is vulnerable 24/7. It's your own personal choice what you join/log on to that gets at you.

There's a lot to be said about turning up in person and paying over the counter rather than using a web site. Call me old fashioned but, the less web sites involved in my life the better. I don't do use facebook but I'm told regularly I'm missing out on loads....each to their own I say.
    I won't use Facebook or other social media.
    I just use MM to talk about football etc

As per Brin.
    Didn't fancy Ticketmaster getting my bank details

Went to Red & White shop and sorted it there

I thought Ticketmaster are the platform for all our tickets, that is why we were asked to re-register for ticket purchases.
    So even if you go to the shop to pay cash, the staff in the office will still have set up your account on Ticketmaster, i.e. account number, name and address etc.

I am getting 2 season tickets when I get home, as normal down to shop, surely ticketmaster should have sorted things out.
    But I won't sign up to them, pay upfront as normal.
    Only one problem not signing up is when we want cup tickets or tickets for friends.

Nod to the sentiment.

But how you going to do that without a membership via an account when turning up?…..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast