+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season Tickets

Season Tickets

Obviously i don't have one but reports out saying the prices have gone up by almost 20% in some areas?

Seems a bit extreme considering the money coming into the prem.

The Newcastle United season ticket prices have been revealed on Wednesday afternoon.
    With tumbleweed blowing through the NUFC summer transfer window, the last thing fans expected, was that prices in every single area would go up.

At a time when there has never been more money flowing into the Premier League, there is no justification for any club to put their season ticket prices up.

There has seemingly been an across the board basic increase of 5% on all headline prices.

However, for fans who have had their season tickets for more than one season excluding those on long-term price deals) there is an extra nasty surprise.

If you had a season ticket during the 2016/17 Championship season (a price which was a reduction of 10% on 2015/16), then you had that same price also for last (2017/18) season.

However, that has all disappeared and so now those season ticket holders are getting a double whammy of a price rise.

For example, an adult who has had their season ticket for more than a year in the family enclosure (up in the worst seats in the Gods) sees a price increase of over 20% (new price £397, standard price for that section was £378 last season, but they had paid £329).

Pretty ironic that the club reveal these ticket increases on the same day that the Chronicle are reporting that Rafa Benitez has a similarly ‘modest’ summer transfer budget as to the one he had a year ago.

The Newcastle United 2018/19 season ticket prices and in brackets last season’s standard price (season tickets holders of two years or more paid 10% less than that figure last season):

Family Area

£397 Adult (£378)

£324 Student and Senior Citizen (£309)

£82 Under 18s (£78)

Seating Category Three

£571 Adult (£544)

£457 Student and Senior Citizen (£435)

£166 Under 18s (£158)

Seating Category Two

£628 Adult (£598)

£510 Student and Senior Citizen (£486)

£207 Under 18s (£197)

Seating Category One

£772 Adult (£735)

£635 Student and Senior Citizen (£605)

£311 Under 18s (£296)

one of mine has gone up but that was because we paid fizzy price for it

expected really

they say revenues have gone up
    so have players and agents wages and transfer fees

and as usuall the fans pay for it

it needs a cap for salaries
    as everytime th etv money goes up
    so does wages transfer fees etc etc

it never gets given back to the fans by way of ticket subsidies or cheap travel or even free beer

Mine's gone down...... they finally gave me the old codgers price...........

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    Mine's gone down...... they finally gave me the old codgers price...........
    Winter fuel allowance and a Buss pass,ten percent off at b&q on a Wednesday

Great stuff, enjoy the privileges you’ve earned them.
    My nearest chippy does pensioners portions of fish and chips
    I always joke that it’s batterd fish heads when I’m in there 😆

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    Winter fuel allowance and a Buss pass,ten percent off at b&q on a Wednesday

Great stuff, enjoy the privileges you’ve earned them.
    My nearest chippy does pensioners portions of fish and chips
    I always joke that it’s batterd fish heads when I’m in there ��
    ha... aye something like that - i'd forgotten about the B & Q ....... have to make use of that

Ashley will be rubbing his chubby little hands

Ashley will be rubbing his chubby little hands
    yuk.

i've always had an aversion to fat chubby fingers

i remember a friends boyfriend .. way back in the day... he wasn't at all fat but he had stubby fingers and they made me cringe

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    yuk.

i've always had an aversion to fat chubby fingers

i remember a friends boyfriend .. way back in the day... he wasn't at all fat but he had stubby fingers and they made me cringe
    Think yourself lucky he didn’t go anywhere your bloomers with them 😆😆😆

Sorry if my smut has gone too far there
    But I have a mind like a sewer

Think yourself lucky he didn’t go anywhere your bloomers with them ������

Sorry if my smut has gone too far there
    But I have a mind like a sewer
    OOH lala... nae fecker touched my bloomers and lived to tell the tale...... back then like.

and most men do have minds like sewers................

Puts the prices up, shafts Rafa on the budget?

Greedy bastard. Increasingly, there's part of me that thinks Mick's course of action is right...

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)