+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everton

Everton

My mate, a fanatical Evertonian, won't have it that they're in a relegation battle, he thinks they have the players, it'll all resolve itself, and they'll soon be heading back to their rightful place at the top end of the league.

I think he's deluded. Any team with less than a point a game with more than a third of the season gone is in a relegation battle, simple as, no matter what they're called, how big a club they are, or how much money they have. Especially when the performances are getting worse by the game, the owners can't decide who the next manager should be, and the squad is a demoralised shambles, with no leaders and no centre-forward.

There are some 'big' clubs in the Championship, there could be another one about to join them.

My mate is a big Everton fan and he wants them to bring in a Manager to fight a relegation battle ie Allardyce or Pulis

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    My mate, a fanatical Evertonian, won't have it that they're in a relegation battle, he thinks they have the players, it'll all resolve itself, and they'll soon be heading back to their rightful place at the top end of the league.

I think he's deluded. Any team with less than a point a game with more than a third of the season gone is in a relegation battle, simple as, no matter what they're called, how big a club they are, or how much money they have. Especially when the performances are getting worse by the game, the owners can't decide who the next manager should be, and the squad is a demoralised shambles, with no leaders and no centre-forward.

There are some 'big' clubs in the Championship, there could be another one about to join them.
    sinkov you are absolutely right. They are a shambles from top to bottom but may just may avoid relegation. If they do they don’t deserve to stay up and their bleating fans deserve a night in hell.

It seems there are still two different views in the Board Room and no compromises, so this could drag on, taking them further into the mire as Unsworth looked close to tears and is out of his depth and the players are not a team. At this rate I could see them dropping out of the PL.
    As Kenwright supposedly wants a Sean type and Moshiri wants a celebrity then I only hope Moshiri wins. The latter said a signing was imminent so he’s going to look a plonker the more this drags on. Even if they decide who they want then would anyone currently in Work want it. It seems a dysfunctional club.
    I wonder if they had tried asking for applications to see what came out the woodwork.

Of course I've no idea what on earth is going on, has anybody, but Martin O'Neill looks the likeliest to me, he seems to be a sort of compromise, someone who both Moshiri and Kenwright could agree on. He's probably as good as they're going to get anyway, but they need it sorting quickly, they're now in laughing stock territory.

Hate to say it but they need a tried and tested "pull you out of the flaming fat's on fire experienced manager". Big Sam is sulking and that leaves only Pulis standing.

Time Everton fans got shook out of their "Oooo look at us," lethargy anyway!

Sam back talking apparently,
    Villas Boas keeping tight lipped on leaving China,
    Benifica Rui Vitoria being mentioned.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...erges-11595987

Don't really have a problem with Everton as a club,but I don't want them pinching Sean from id.. It's looking more and more likely it's going to be Jabba the Hut

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Don't really have a problem with Everton as a club,but I don't want them pinching Sean from id.. It's looking more and more likely it's going to be Jabba the Hut
    Yep ! Fatface knows how to make a few million by screwing a club.He is a master at it. My daughter lived next door to his son , i can't say much because i don't want any legal issues.

They're in a relegation scrap, they need a manager who will sort out the shambles and keep them up. Stop running round like headless chickens and send for Sam, job done. At long last it seems they're getting something right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)