+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Implications if we win tonight?

Implications if we win tonight?

Not the end of the world if we lose tonight but if we win it could cause major fixture backlog.

I am expecting the away game at Sunderland on the 26th March to be postponed due to international call ups. Then if we get to the Pizza Cup final the away game at Portsmouth on the 2nd April would have to be postponed as well.

This means no league fixture after 19th March until the Charlton game on the 9th April. This would mean having to play 7 leagues games in April! The only positive it provides 3 weeks in which the squad can be refreshed and some players recovered for the final run in.

It's just 1 extra game that's it and well worth winning for if the prize money is close to a million pound.

I've always thought that professional players should be able to cope with playing two games in a week.

They are all super fit athletes and it shouldn't affect them unless of course they get an injury.

Come on you Millers you can do this. The season will be over in a few weeks and then you can all go on holiday.

Lucky sods !

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    It's just 1 extra game that's it and well worth winning for if the prize money is close to a million pound.
    Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought I read somewhere that the prize money is 100k for the winners and 50k for the runners up. So nowhere near 1 mill.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought I read somewhere that the prize money is 100k for the winners and 50k for the runners up. So nowhere near 1 mill.
    I think the clubs in the final make about a million quid re - tickets, merchandise etc. you’re correct the prize money is 100K

I think it will be nearer the 100k rather than a million we would make.No way near the figure going in to the championship makes us.Wigan made ten changes last night playing a number of youngsters.After the match the manager was not too disheartened about going out but more concerned none of the squad were injured.We should adopt the same team selection tonight as Wigan did.

Just done a quick search and found this article from the star, obviously they were only concerned with the most massivest team they cover, but the breakdown is in it.
    Winners get £100,000 but for all the rounds it will total more than double that not including other income streams from the tournament.

It mentions in the article that the Sunderland chairman said they'd earned close to £1M from it in 2019 maybe that's were that figure has come from.

But I imagine a large chunk of the extra is from much bigger gate receipts for them, don't know quite how big the gates were for them on their run to the final.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...vealed-3408168

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post

It mentions in the article that the Sunderland chairman said they'd earned close to £1M from it in 2019 maybe that's were that figure has come from.

The attendance in 2019 was 85000, so the money from the gate receipts will have been big, against a club like Sutton the crowd will probably be less than 20000.

Each team gets 45% of the gate receipt for all the rounds of this comp Inc the final.
    Plus max amount for winning the cup is 260k in prize money
    Plus Any televised game gets extra 10k (sky BBC ect) or if its ifollow a % of the £10 watching fee (not sure on the %)
    Plus merchandise
    So total I'm guessing around 600-700k

Can't see the attendance for a Rotherham v Sutton final being much more than 15k. Wembley will be dead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast