+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith to Boro

Smith to Boro

Local paper reporting that Smith is on the radar of Warnock. He apparently wants to tie up a few deals including a couple of Cardiff players who have been released before he returns to his South West hideout for the summer.

Crooks would have been my first answer but I’m not surprised Warnock will have been looking at our players

And to be honest I think he sees it that he helps us financially out with some signings as in the past…getting a fee for halford probably surprised everyone and probably getting a good fee for Danny ward case in point…

Be a good move for smith and his young family locality wise perhaps…

We saw has fans this coming during the season, posted many times.
    Crafty Neil Warnock tried to throw interest regarding Smith, off the scent by other names
    mentioned, that he was supposed to be interested in.
    But he knows his cover was blown.
    Time for someone at Rotherham to put the correct price for players sold, finding a decent
    centre forward / target man is hard to find.
    Smith will proberly go for £1.5m with add on's, where a forward should be priced around
    the £5m mark, plus add on's, ok Smith is not a prolific scorer, but he has proved himself
    has a front man, in the championship, which many opposing centre halves will agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    We saw has fans this coming during the season, posted many times.
    Crafty Neil Warnock tried to throw interest regarding Smith, off the scent by other names
    mentioned, that he was supposed to be interested in.
    But he knows his cover was blown.
    Time for someone at Rotherham to put the correct price for players sold, finding a decent
    centre forward / target man is hard to find.
    Smith will proberly go for £1.5m with add on's, where a forward should be priced around
    the £5m mark, plus add on's, ok Smith is not a prolific scorer, but he has proved himself
    has a front man, in the championship, which many opposing centre halves will agree.
    Not going to get 5 million for someone of Smith”s age…whatever we get aslong as we use it to fund replacements that’s all I ask..

Also heard Warnock was talking to Bannon at Wendies,he played under Warnock at Crystal P I think.Smith & Bannon two good buys for Neil if it comes off.

We need to insist on a 7 figure fer and presumably any sell on to Bury is waived as they dont exist anymore. Do they? 🤔

Time to be cheeky and ask for Wing on a season loan as part of the package. Well if you dont ask....

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Also heard Warnock was talking to Bannon at Wendies,he played under Warnock at Crystal P I think.Smith & Bannon two good buys for Neil if it comes off.
    Bannon signed a new contract at Wednesday's this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    We need to insist on a 7 figure fer and presumably any sell on to Bury is waived as they dont exist anymore. Do they? ��

Time to be cheeky and ask for Wing on a season loan as part of the package. Well if you dont ask....
    Agree Grumps. Think this has been on the cards for a while. We do need to get summat in return from Uncle Colin not necessarily Wing (which would be nice but unlikely anyway as Colin has said he wants to give him a chance) but maybe some other position we may need to cover even if its only a loan. I think Colin will do his best to oblige to be fair-although I still aint forgiven him for getting Tree sent off!

With regards to Smudge, I think it is time he moved on. He has been a good servant for us but he will never be prolific and maybe it will encourage us to think of a different method of attacking if he goes rather than just lumping the ball up to our forwards

We do need to get a decent fee for him but 1.5m plus with add ons would be decent. I would like to think a lot more but it waint happen.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 11-05-2021 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Bannon signed a new contract at Wednesday's this season.
    I wonder if that includes a relegation clause Eric,don’t think I would stay at a club when you don’t know if you are getting payed.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast