+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gillingham.. Where was the urgency?

Gillingham.. Where was the urgency?

Why the last five minutes were we not putting high balls into the box, possibly with mulgrew or lenihan pushed forward, desparatly seeking a winner we needed?

I'll tell you why, Mr Mowbray had settled for a point and was unwilling to risk losing. That is his mentality, and he'd settled for that point as soon as Dack and Graham went off, on what?, 60 odd mins?

Dog with a bone ???

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Dog with a bone ???
    Our lack of defeats in the last 30 is a big fat white elephant. Many of those games are draws obtained with a no risk attitude.

Champs criticised Mr Mowbray the other day, inc his treatment of Travis. I don't see his problem with my criticism?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Why the last five minutes were we not putting high balls into the box, possibly with mulgrew or lenihan pushed forward, desparatly seeking a winner we needed?

I'll tell you why, Mr Mowbray had settled for a point and was unwilling to risk losing. That is his mentality, and he'd settled for that point as soon as Dack and Graham went off, on what?, 60 odd mins?
    From what I've read, Saxo, high balls into the box didn't trouble them at any point in the game.
    Now I can see what you're saying, but if we'd pushed Lenihan forward and conceded a goal, do you believe the anti-Mowbray squad would have been forgiving?
    I certainly don't! Rather than posting, "Well, it was worth a go," they'd be rushing to their keyboards to criticise him for sacrificing a point.
    You know this is true. Some of them will go to any lengths to support their contention that TM is a poor manger.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    From what I've read, Saxo, high balls into the box didn't trouble them at any point in the game.
    Now I can see what you're saying, but if we'd pushed Lenihan forward and conceded a goal, do you believe the anti-Mowbray squad would have been forgiving?
    I certainly don't! Rather than posting, "Well, it was worth a go," they'd be rushing to their keyboards to criticise him for sacrificing a point.
    You know this is true. Some of them will go to any lengths to support their contention that TM is a poor manger.
    I think I meant "manager" - not "manger"!!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I think I meant "manager" - not "manger"!!
    I though you meant minger!

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I though you meant minger!
    I see they're criticising him for playing an "unfit" Dack. Guess what? If he hadn't played, and it had still been nil-nil, they would have been knocking him for not fielding our best player, despite the medical staff reporting he was fit to be out there!
    I'm quite happy with specific criticisms of particular selections or formations, even when I don't agree, but you have to admit, Saxo, some of them are out to get Mowbray, whatever he does.

Aucks , I just do not bother wasting my life in looking at ANY of the drivel that is posted. We've said this before, but when you're forced to sit alongside of any of these goons it's simply mind numbing.
    It's been said that its ok for anyone to crit anyone on a forum regardless, constructively is ok, but I read it as slagging off.

One of those nights
    Mowbray has a job to protect his best players
    Dack lacked his usual influence and Graham struggled so rather than flog a system that wasn't working he brought players on that could change things
    It didn't work so what next?
    All to much blame is rested at the managers door but just what else could he of done?we don't have Messi or Ronaldo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)