+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rafa charged by the FA

Rafa charged by the FA

for these comments about Marriner before the Palace game.

“I have a lot of confidence with Andre Marriner. He has a lot of experience, even if his record with our players is not that great in terms of red cards. He is an experienced referee.

“He (Zaha) is a good player, no doubt about that, but I think the FA have to deal with his comments. I think Andre Marriner will not have this in the back of his head.”

Absolutely pathetic by the FA.

Stands for fucking arseholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    for these comments about Marriner before the Palace game.

“I have a lot of confidence with Andre Marriner. He has a lot of experience, even if his record with our players is not that great in terms of red cards. He is an experienced referee.

“He (Zaha) is a good player, no doubt about that, but I think the FA have to deal with his comments. I think Andre Marriner will not have this in the back of his head.”

Absolutely pathetic by the FA.

Stands for fucking arseholes.
    Pervboro Mag will be sitting in his cave knocking one off the wrist, thinking about splicing the rope

How did Zaha not get charged after slagging refs off then?

thats what i thought
    maybe because he slagged refs of in general and rafa names the ref
    pathetic either way

i thought he was getting charged for damaging the sky brand in that what he calls football many others dont

or trying to pass himself of as a football manager

Oh **** off.

Yup Zip, you're right - it's pathetic and yet i don't expect anything less from the FA these days.

Considering the way that Marriner has treated us in the past they were ****ing valid comments. Had it been a London club manager that said, i'd put money on nothing happening.

So, reading those comments, is he getting done for supporting or criticising Marriner/Zaha? I don´t get it.

If a manager can´t suggest that the FA take action about something without being taken to task then it´s like a f*ckin kindergarden. Zaha criticised referees, Rafa didn´t.

rafa criticised a refferee

xzaha just asked for more protection from refferees
    he didnt criticise

i would say the bit where he names mariner and then says he doesnt have a great history with us and red cards is what he is getting done for

It's a dangerous game when you're not allowed to question officials.
    It shows just how manipulated the game is.
    It's a big old choreographed con job, I think.

He is getting done for mentioning the name of the referee before he refereed our game.You are not allowed to do that.Stupid rule but that's what it is.
    The fact Zaha is getting away with what he said just shows the rule up for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    rafa criticised a refferee

xzaha just asked for more protection from refferees
    he didnt criticise
    He did. There is a clear inference which can be drawn from him saying 'is it going to take someone breaking my leg for them to get a card', i.e. they're not doing their job properly. Marriner doesn't have a great record with us regarding cards-that's just a statement of fact rather than a criticism.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)