+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Signings

New Signings

Now the season has finished what positions do you think we need strengthening in and what players would you sign to help improve the squad?

re: New Signings

For me, a proven Striker and experienced Midfield Captain and leader is the key and would make a big difference. Especially if we are bringing in more academy lads in the starting line up.

Grant may fit that role I don't know.

Looking at the number of goals scored (Chucks with 17 then Pogs on 5), we could do with a striker and possibly an older, experienced one.
    Other questions that need to answered are - Could we get Chucks to sign if he is released and are we going to go back for Uche?

I think Aneke is out of our wages league but think Uche could be and could be turned into a great striker here given a season or two even better than Chucks..But as always wages will dictate and of course what contract he has with his home club?

A goalscorer or two. And an attack-minded ball-playing midfielder. Chuks cant really be compared to Uche. Aneke has unbelievable technique and creativity. Uche doesnt have the same skill level but he is one determined, powerful prospect in his own right