+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Max Clayton

Max Clayton

And so it continues. Now on trial at a club in Denmark, no doubt to sign for an English club for a knock down price in 6/12 months time ala Zeki Fryers.

re: Max Clayton

Have you got a link to that please as we all thought he was at Blackburn was it? Lost track TBH.

Hope this works... - view external link

Interesting, thanks.

I wonder if this is a ploy to get the Board to lower the fee? I guess he thinks he is good enough to join all these clubs but money is the problem?

Should we lower the fee or risk him going oversees and getting next to nothing?

Its not an easy one to figure but they may have to?

I think it all depends on the dialogue between player, club and and agent, and also what we actually value him at compared to out asking price.

If it's true that we won't budge on our figure of £1million, then yet again the board has a lot to answer for. Max isn't good eno

I can only say what I've seen of him L2 and some L1 and think on those performances only, we would be lucky to get £100K. Now we only got that for Pogba so that must tell us something.

If they are asking a million and been offered half a million, they should run like heck with that and possibly an add on. Personally I'm not convinced he was other than L2. Lots of kids do well at Under 18 and under 21 internationals and never to be seen again and so if Dario says he is better than Powell then time will tell. I did say to Dario that I couldn't see how?

He's a far better judge than me though.

First of all, we don't know the figures involved.

If it's the case, though, that each of Sunderland, Wolves and Bolton would like Max on their books, but aren't prepared to pay what Crewe want - however any deal might be structured - then you have to ask why they would want him if he 'isn't good enough'? Each manager of those clubs has said only good things about him.

Crewe (i.e. Dario & John Bowler in effect) will know that if Max were to progress within a year through any of those clubs' under 21 squad and into Championship or Premiership football, then he would certainly - by today's valuations - be worth more than a million. I'm sure they know that.

Clearly, Max's advisors/agent, are playing a game here, which might force Crewe to reconsider with reluctance. How do we know what is happening behind the scenes? Who is seriously talking to who? Would any of those three clubs with which he's trained, be prepared to talk with Crewe again, and hopefully agree something with less 'up f

I'm fed up with Clayton, supposed Crewe fan, team struggling and he behaves like he's a budding superstar hoping for a massive wage packet, pathetic!

[quote="bigroof"]First of all, we don't know the figures involved.

If it's the case, though, that each of Sunderland, Wolves and Bolton would like Max on their books, but aren't prepared to pay what Crewe want - however any deal might be structured - then you have to ask why they would want him if he 'isn't good enough'? Each manager of those clubs has said only good things about him.

Crewe (i.e. Dario & John Bowler in effect) will know that if Max were to progress within a year through any of those clubs' under 21 squad and into Championship or Premiership football, then he would certainly - by today's valuations - be worth more than a million. I'm sure they know that.

Clearly, Max's advisors/agent, are playing a game here, which might force Crewe to reconsider with reluctance. How do we know what is happening behind the scenes? Who is seriously talking to who? Would any of those three clubs with which he's trained, be prepared to talk with Crewe again,

Personally I don't think it's Max but his agent aand other hangers on.
    A good agent would have told him a year ago to sign the contract offered.
    Can you see a 19 year old living abroad on his own, unless he pays for his agent to stay abroad with him.
    Come on Max think for yourself

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast