+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has put us in the smelly stuff

Who has put us in the smelly stuff

Whos too blame ????????????? we are becoming a laughing club not a selling club personally DAVIS OUT HES LOST THE PLOT HIS LOANS ARE RUBBISH HE HAS TO TAKE THE BLAME AS HE PICKS THE TEAM

re: Whtaking money outo has put us in the smelly stuff

And who do you propose to come in and make a difference on the budget we have and the squad at the club? I very much doubt the Special one would do any better. The problem is not at team management level, or at least not the whole problem, but at board level. Too many taking money out rather than giving us a competitive wage budget.

re: Who has put us in the smelly stuff

Haven't posted for years as, due to health reasons, I haven't been to a game since 2002 and didn't believe I was qualified to comment. However, I can no longer keep quiet. The blame has to rest with SD. He should have strengthened the team in the summer. Trying to bring in panic loans after we have lost 7 of 10 games in the laegue is never going to work - nobody capable of making a difference is going to board a sinking ship. The best emergency loan we could get right now is a manager who can organise the pathetic excuse for a defence. Time to start planning for Divn 2.

Can't agree with any calls to remove the manager. Remember what happened last time we sacked a manager. The way forward is to strengthen the managers hand by giving him some of the money that has been "loaned" to one of the directors. The problem lies in the budget Davis has to work with. I agree with the comment about some of the loan players but in his defence supporters have been calling for him to sign players and he does it because he is almost forced to and as a consequence we get some average (at best) players who are rom development squads such as City. The Director of Football should be coming up with a plan of precisely what positions we need players in and then scouts ( and if my understanding is correct we have some one in a paid role supervising that) need to be scouring the country for Academy talent or better still, non league/semi professional talent. It is clear to me that we need a creative midfielder and a goal scorer.

How people can keep defending steve davis is beyond me. How can you blame the board for the way the team has defended this season. The manager made the decision to release our best defender in the summer. Nothing to do with budget he didnt rate him. Check earlier threads for his comments. His signings have been shocking apart from chuks ellis and grant. Tactics we neither can defend or attack. Under dario we could never defend but atleast we played good football and scored goals.
    All this has been going on for 2 seasons now and suddenly its the boards fault.
    Also the way some go on about getting a manager from outside the club steve holland was a real success wasnt he? Him and iceman make 1-1.

1 last thing what do we work on all week at our amazing expensive training base...throw ins, defending through balls , passing forward?

The board are clearly not to blame for the defensive showing however Ellis, whilst I rated him highly, he was not our best defender. He was likely to make a mistake per game. Harry Davis is our best defender and we have missed him badly this season. We have a young squad and as such are always liable to make mistakes but Davis can only work with what he has in terms of playing staff and money. That said, he is not without his faults, but he was a good manager when he took us from 18th in League 2 to the playoffs and ultimately promotion. So let us stick with him and support the team while they try and ride out this awful spell and climb away from the bottom of the table

[quote="Timmy58" to one of the directors. The problem lies in the budget Davis has to work with. I agree with the comment about some of the loan players but in his defence supporters have been calling for him to sign players and he does it because he is almost forced to and as a consequence we get some average (at best) players who are rom development squads such as City. The Director of Football should be coming up with a plan of precisely what positions we need players in and then scouts ( and if my understanding is correct we have some one in a paid role supervising that) need to be scouring the country for Academy talent or better still, non league/semi professional talent. It is clear to me that we need a creative midfielder and a goal scorer.[/q

Firstly if the special one was our manger i do believe we would be doing slightly better! Sd was to blame for today. Ness and Leigh were terrible, Atkinson and Guthrie as LB would have been better. Subs were too late AGAIN! why not bring them on when it's 0-0 or 0-1 not 0-3!

Colchester made a sub at 0-0 after 55 minutes - he scored the second goal.

When was the last time (other than injury) that we made a sub before falling behind and earlier than the 70th miunte?

Inman for Guthrie after 68 minutes at 0-3? The Special One would be embarrased...

My view is that the board simply don't trust Davis to spend money wisely, and given his history, why should they?

Part of the reason so many players were released in the summer was to try and free up wages should Chuks want to stay. He didn't, we moved on, but have wasted money on sub-standard players. Of those brought in since we were promoted, only a handful have been of the quality needed for this league.

Not sure how many are aware, but I believe we paid a fee to sign Audel. Wouldn't have been much, but for a player so obviously out of his depth at this level, combined with woeful results on the pitch, poor man management, off the field issues and lacklustre tactics, serious questions should be asked about whether Davis himself is up to the standard needed for this league.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast