+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Billy Waters

Billy Waters

So, does anyone know what has happened to Billy Waters who seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth?

re: Billy Waters

He played in U21 game v Coventry on Wed so has obviously recovered from his illness.

Sign of the times and the strength of the squad that he can't make the bench just now.

His time will come again, bodes well that he did pretty well at the start of the season when the team was struggling.

In some respects, Billy's injury came at the right time as he was starting to lose his way as the team was struggling. He's had good run in the 1st team so knows the level he needs to attain when he gets back there. There is always a danger of overplaying youngsters and I think we need to keep an eye on James Jones on this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Crewe99
    In some respects, Billy's injury came at the right time as he was starting to lose his way as the team was struggling. He's had good run in the 1st team so knows the level he needs to attain when he gets back there. There is always a danger of overplaying youngsters and I think we need to keep an eye on James Jones on this point.
    That's harsh on Billy, he was one of the very few to come out of the start of the season with any credit at all. He was then dropped, (unfairly in my opinion) before he was injured and then ill. Unfortunately the system has now changed, so there are less places for the forwards and we have Ajose and LDV.

If we get safe from relegation, then we perhaps should give our own young talent such as Billy and George Cooper a go to start preparing for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan
    That's harsh on Billy, he was one of the very few to come out of the start of the season with any credit at all. He was then dropped, (unfairly in my opinion) before he was injured and then ill. Unfortunately the system has now changed, so there are less places for the forwards and we have Ajose and LDV.

If we get safe from relegation, then we perhaps should give our own young talent such as Billy and George Cooper a go to start preparing for next season.[/quote]

Good points, R & W. Billy was thrown in at the deep end and did extremely well in th

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan

If we get safe from relegation, then we perhaps should give our own young talent such as Billy and George Cooper a go to start preparing for next season.[/quote]
    Totally agree with with your post RWS,maybe we can feild a young team again at the end o

Quote Originally Posted by NEVTHEDEV
    Totally agree with with your post RWS,maybe we can feild a young team again at the end of the season,IF we remain safe and not with in a chance of playoffs.Thoughts.

How about Walsall at home, 18th April, 3rd last game - if we are safe of course?
    It will be so much in their heads just recalling the lesson we gave them in 2013, they'll be beaten before the game even starts!!