+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green

Green

I have always tried to remain positive about the team I have supported for over 50 years but having just watched yesterdays highlights I am afraid that NR has to start by dropping Green/loaning out Green/sacking Green. His mistakes were horrendous. I have given him the benefit of the doubt with regards to the numerous missed goals he should have scored over his time with us but yesterday he was responsible for 2 goals at a time when we cannot keep a clean sheet. OK other players may also have had a stinker and I hate to single out a scapegoat but perhaps he needs to go back to Leeds and play like that there!

re: Green

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y
    I have always tried to remain positive about the team I have supported for over 50 years but having just watched yesterdays highlights I am afraid that NR has to start by dropping Green/loaning out Green/sacking Green. His mistakes were horrendous. I have given him the benefit of the doubt with regards to the numerous missed goals he should have scored over his time with us but yesterday he was responsible for 2 goals at a time when we cannot keep a clean sheet. OK other players may also have had a stinker and I hate to single out a scapegoat but perhaps he needs to go back to Leeds and play like that there!

We all have a "Bad day at the office"
    But booing a player, a Rotherham player is tantamount to bullying.
    Ryan Taylor springs to mind.#
    Booing him before he came on.

Paul Green has performed that badly before. He was rubbish at Middlesborough away last season (gave the ball away so many times) as he was yeserday which cost us the first two goals and gave us no chance in the rest of the game. Maybe he is trying but we are justified to boo if he isn't up to the standard. Be cruel (get rid of green) to be kind (for the sake of RUFC in the championship). Redfern has to be decisive.

100% to blame for the first two goals, he does try but that's just not good enough against the " higher" teams.

Paul Green, well he has had a better career than everybody at Rotherham other than Collins, so he has been a great player at our level.
    Now he has lost his speed, his power, but not his energy and enthusiasm, certainly he does not deserve booing, and I would say if he he had a tacko fitted he would record more miles than any player at Rotherham.
    So basically he is past his best, not is fault, I too am approaching my Zenith ! But his only role left would not be centre midfield, maybe wide midfield, but Redfern should not give him centre mid, we need two reliable , strong, aggressive, dominant players there, is there any left in English football ? because in my opinion it has all been coached out of players, and only the conformist survive today, there is no room left for the likes of Gow, Bremner, Giles etc.

sorry disagree with him taking the fall for the first goal. first thing you are taught as a youngster is play the way you are facing..he laid the ball back to collins who took a touch before being closed down. surely collins was at fault...
    2nd one he controlled the ball perfectly but tried to control and turn when he should have played the ball the way he was facing...
    BTW not trying to defend green .. he had a shocking game yesterday

2nd goal Camp shouldn't be getting beaten from that distance also no closing down from defence so Green wasn't 100% to blame. It was collective 5hitness!

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang

We all have a "Bad day at the office"
    But booing a player, a Rotherham player is tantamount to bullying.
    Ryan Taylor springs to mind.#
    Booing him before he came on.[/quote]

I never said anything about booing!

It was From Greens mistakes that caused the goals.
    1st one he had time on his hands to kick the ball but instead he made a bad pass to Collins right side, in case you hadn't noticed he is left footed.

So get rid of green and everything is ok is it ??

He had a shocker yes but the stick he's getting is uncalled for he doesn't pick himself does he???

Collins was as much to blame for first goal. Smallwood for 5th goal.

The booing yesterday was typical of some of our fans at the moment we have just had a period of success and some are acting like spoiled brats it's like it's not fair we have to win how dare we struggle.

Today alone I've seen threads on camp, Collins, ward, green to a few telling them how crap they are.

For me were a little club punching above our weight and were always gonna struggle in this league.

Your beginning to sound like the massive up the road.

I was miffed yesterday but the scapegoating of players is not on get a grip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast