+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T F.A.O. Ericsladkilnurst

O/T F.A.O. Ericsladkilnurst

24.6.51 ditto, welcome to the club, only knew one other lad personally with same date of birth,we went to same jnr school Monkwood Rd but havnt seen him since 1963 when he moved away from Rowmish, I will be thinking of you Ericslad on the 24th have a good day. Good luck with your pension, we will have to meet up in Terrace for a drink.:/ U.T.M.

re: O/T F.A.O. Ericsladkilnurst

Hi Archiemiller, thanks for the wishes, the same goes to yourself, when you mentioned the Terrace for a drink, did you mean the one at Kilnhurst, be it changed its years ago to the Polecat, which has long since closed, now turned into a house.
    There is only the Ship pub & Kilnhurst club left in the village, Commercial pub & Nags Head pub gone long ago, I live in Swinton now.
    Lionel Messi as the same date of birth as us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst
    Blimey - he's a credit to all 64 years olds the way he gets around the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller
    Blimey - he's a credit to all 64 years old the way he gets around the pitch [/quote]

He's got a good medical team, & plays in warmer weather.

Archie & Ericslad, both born on the same day ??
    are you sure you two are not conjoined twins separated at birth.

Archie, our kid knows it's your birthday & he say's he's planning to buy you the same as last year.....nowt.

He also told me the two pint's he owes you from the Cross Key's circa 1970's.....you won't be getting those back either.

To his credit he's saving up for a season ticket.
    Mind you he's only saving 10p. per week. At that rate we will be back in Division 4 before he gets to NYS.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller
    24.6.51 ditto, welcome to the club, only knew one other lad personally with same date of birth,we went to same jnr school Monkwood Rd but havnt seen him since 1963 when he moved away from Rowmish, I will be thinking of you Ericslad on the 24th have a good day. Good luck with your pension, we will have to meet up in Terrace for a drink.:/ U.T.M.
    Spring chickens , both of you.... seriously, I retired 3 years ago and it feels like winning the lottery, not financially, but the feeling of well being, freedom from time schedules and getting up at unearthly hours in the morning. I did like my job, met some wonderful people, but I was averaging 1000 miles a week on top of the actual work I did. Moved to this rural area some time ago but now i can really take advantage of the setting. Good luck to you both, hope you are as happy as me in your retirement

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller
    Spring chickens , both of you.... seriously, I retired 3 years ago and it feels like winning the lottery, not financially, but the feeling of well being, freedom from time schedules and getting up at unearthly hours in the morning. I did like my job, met some wonderful people, but I was averaging 1000 miles a week on top of the actual work I did. Moved to this rural area some time ago but now i can really take advantage of the setting. Good luck to you both, hope you are as happy as me in your retirement[/quote] Think youve got wrong en

I meant age wise Archie, but you obviously didn't need any advice on retired life !!

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank
    Archie & Ericslad, both born on the same day ??
    are you sure you two are not conjoined twins separated at birth.

Archie, our kid knows it's your birthday & he say's he's planning to buy you the same as last year.....nowt.

He also told me the two pint's he owes you from the Cross Key's circa 1970's.....you won't be getting those back either.

To his credit he's saving up for a season ticket.
    Mind you he's only saving 10p. per week. At that rate we will be back in Division 4 before he gets to NYS.
    Tell P.W. thats where Archie gets his footballing skills from he was born on same day as Messi LOL

Good evening Archie,regarding your football skills i think it was more Messy than Messi. I can remember one day playing on the bottom field in torrential rain, you put in a sliding tackle with such ferocity that by the time you had stopped sliding you were back home on the settee,think Frank might have been the ballboy for that game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast