+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will 9 points be enough ?

Will 9 points be enough ?

At first , I thought it would be no problem to qualify for the last six**** of the LC with nine points and now, I am not so sure . Things will be clearer of what we have to do after the next round of midweek cup matches. I have a feeling though, a gut instinct, that we will firstly have to beat Stenhousemuir and secondly make sure this is by a comfortable margin.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 23-07-2016 at 11:30 PM.

Win next weekend and it could very well go down to goal difference JR

Yes lads it could be tight as there are a few teams sitting on 6 points and have only played 2 games so as
    PL says it could come down to goal difference

Betfred Cup Tables

Group A
    Pos Team Pld GD Pts
    1 East Fife 3 3 8
    2 Up Dundee 2 4 4
    3 Down Peterhead 2 1 3
    4 Down Forfar Athletic 2 -2 2
    5 Dumbarton 3 -6 1

Group B
    Pos Team Pld GD Pts
    1 St Johnstone 2 5 6
    2 Up Stirling Albion 2 0 3
    3 Brechin City 2 -1 3
    4 Down Falkirk 3 -1 3
    5 Elgin City 3 -3 3

Group C
    Pos Team Pld GD Pts
    1 Dundee United 3 5 7
    2 Dunfermline 2 6 6
    3 Inverness CT 2 1 4
    4 Arbroath 2 -3 1
    5 Cowdenbeath 3 -9 0

Group D
    Pos Team Pld GD Pts
    1 Raith Rovers 3 2 8
    2 Alloa Athletic 2 6 6
    3 Ross County 2 1 4
    4 Montrose 3 -4 0
    5 Cove Rangers 2 -5 0

Group E
    Pos Team Pld GD Pts
    1 Queen of South 3 3 6
    2 Partick Thistle 2 2 6
    3 Queen's Park 2 0 3
    4 Up Airdrieonians 3 -2 3
    5 Down Stenhousemuir 2 -3 0

Group F
    Pos Team Pld GD Pts
    1 Rangers 3 7 9
    2 Stranraer 2 3 6
    3 Motherwell 2 0 3
    4 Annan Athletic 3 -5 0
    5 East Stirlingshire 2 -5 0

Group G
    Pos Team Pld GD Pts
    1 Up Ayr United 3 1 6
    2 Down St Mirren 3 -1 6
    3 Down Livingston 2 2 3
    4 Hamilton Accies 2 2 3
    5 Edinburgh City 2 -4 0

Group H
    Pos Team Pld GD Pts
    1 Morton 3 3 8
    2 Up Albion Rovers 2 0 3
    3 Down Kilmarnock 2 -1 3
    4 Berwick Rangers 2 0 2
    5 Clyde 3 -2 2

Updated 23/07/2016 at 18:56

I think Queens can do it if they play their strongest attacking team.

Lyndon Dykes must start the game as he will (or should) rip the Stenny defence apart.

Derek Lyle must start and run his heart out for an hour to be followed by Smithy.

This game could be an ideal test for young Brotherston - to allow Anderson time to rest.

If we play to our strengths, - five goals should be attainable - and more if we get the breaks.

If we can get through then we are almost guaranteed a big game with the next round seeded. Top seeds will automatically be Celtic, Aberdeen , Hibs and Hearts along with the four best group winners . This will definitely include Rangers . What about a tie against Celtic, we must be due it as its been donkeys years ? First things first and we have to beat Stenny, I'd imagine , by a few goals and hope for the best .

Being the first home Saturday game of the new season I am really looking forward to this game. The word is that Queens are playing with a high tempo, pressing the opposition into losing the ball and breaking with skill and purpose. Should be goals in this one and Mon the South!!!

Not sure if I am 100% correct but I think if we win and score one more goal than Stirling Albion in doing so , then we are through. That's unless Killie who are 0 goal average hammer whoever they are playing and make up a 3 goal deficit on Queens and Stifling who are both +3. Someone smarter than me can work out if this is correct or not.

Not quite as simple as I first thought but I still fancy us to nick it a best four 2nd place finish .Here are our rivals for best second place and who they play in last game. Some are ahead of us in the race .
    Dumbarton v Peterhead ( 6 point +2 goals)
    St.Johnstone v Stirling Albion ( 6 point + 3 goals)
    Stranraer v Motherwell ( 6 points +3 goals)
    Dundee Utd ( 7 points +5 goals) v Dunfermline ( 6 points +2 goals)
    Raith ( 8 points +2 goals) v Alloa
    QoS ( 6 points + 3 goals) v Stenhousemuir
    Killie ( 6 point 0 goals) v Albion Rovers
    Having seen Killies last fixture at home v Albion, this is a game where they could make up good ground on the goal difference . Let's just take matters into our own hands and get the bizz done.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 26-07-2016 at 10:22 PM.

Hopefully a good result over Stenny will do the trick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)