+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Chopper Crash

Another Chopper Crash

http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKKCN11X13B

6 confirmed dead now. Chopper heading from Angola to a Chevron platform in the Atlantic

My last trip i got the chopper out and boat back. During my trip BP banned all chopper mobilization. The reason? Total and BP got together and audited the chopper company. The results were, since all the 225s were grounded after the Norway crash earlier in the year, the chopper company binned all the ex pat mechanics. So when the audit took place there were no mechanics certified to work on them. So immediate ban by the two companies.

And we moaned like f@ck about having to Fly to Angola a day early to catch the boat. THANK F@CK we have to.

Stay safe min.

You might or might not be able to do my job, but I sure as f@ck couldn't do yours.

Its f@cking sad and i wouldnt rule out Scots being on board(not that any nationality deserves that). Going by the three FPSOs ive been on out there it seems that South Africans and Scots are the most prominent ex pats.

F@cking terrible no matter who was on board

Must have been a terrible last few moments before the smash for everyone on board what a horrible thought guys out just trying to earn a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Buc View Post
    Must have been a terrible last few moments before the smash for everyone on board what a horrible thought guys out just trying to earn a living.
    Depends if it was known about or not it the lead up. If it just dropped out the sky i wouldnt expect anyone to be found as they would have been obliterated on impact. All you are taught in your survival goes out the window, no time to do it

Horrible thought. Im away on Monday. Be a sombre place

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Depends if it was known about or not it the lead up. If it just dropped out the sky i wouldnt expect anyone to be found as they would have been obliterated on impact. All you are taught in your survival goes out the window, no time to do it

I'm not sure I'd go on that type of helicopter until they found what was the cause could take some time though .

Like i said, we are already doing overnight boats now. Thank f@ck

As Buc said, just people trying to earn a living. Tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Serious question, why is the fatality rate so high in chopper crashes? Does the machine break up or burst into flames on impact ?

Quote Originally Posted by scobiemacd View Post
    Serious question, why is the fatality rate so high in chopper crashes? Does the machine break up or burst into flames on impact ?
    The fatality rate is so high because they drop out of the sky like a stone. No chance of anybody surviving that kind of impact. Aeroplanes always have a chance of gliding back down to the ground, which gives some possiblity of survival.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast