+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On a roll now !!!

On a roll now !!!

up to 8th 2 points off playoffs

Mel is probably thinking about kissing Macs backside right this second, club and mac seem to belong together

Seems like we perform better when we don't have the pressure of being sat at the top of the league..... Steve seems to be able to get the bst from our players! I've said it before Derby is Steves best match as he doesn't seem to be able to handle pressure well either! A real match made in heaven hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2462 View Post
    Seems like we perform better when we don't have the pressure of being sat at the top of the league..... Steve seems to be able to get the bst from our players! I've said it before Derby is Steves best match as he doesn't seem to be able to handle pressure well either! A real match made in heaven hopefully!
    So a team that 'performs better when we don't have the pressure...' managed by a manager who 'doesn't seem able to handle pressure well either' is a 'real match made in heaven hopefully!' Is it just me or isn't there a bit of a flaw in that argument? There's going to be some pressure at some time Rich so let's hope both the players and the manager can improve as far as the pressure stakes are concerned. IMO the attitude shown against Leeds, Wednesday and Norwich would suggest that the mentality is improving. Top spot is as good as gone I think but the race for 2nd-6th is certainly going to be nerve jangling and both team and manager will need to stand up and be counted.

Whats going on here Anagram, Derby are moving up and we're moving down.

Or is this all just a dream ?

We should completely forget about the top 2 tbh, those positions are miles off, its only really the pi** poor consistancy of the 4-8th positions that we're still right in the mix for the playoffs imo, and we should concentrate entirely on getting into the top 6 and then cementing our place in them if possible.

Brighton and Newcastle are a class above this season, Reading are no mugs either and will be extremely difficult in chasing down. Leeds and Sheff Weds both look decent and should make the playoffs. still work to be done.

I completely agree DC about Newcastle (despite todays loss) & Brighton, they both look like favourites for the top two places.
    Leeds are still scraping wins but they are in play off form at the moment, and so are Reading, Birmingham and Sheff Wensday.
    And lets not forget about Aston Villa, they are now showing the form we expected of them and so of course.... are Derby!!

I (as a Barnsley fan) am starting to worry a bit about our slump down the table and we were appalling last night against the likes of Notts Forest.

I'll add Birmingham and Norwich to that list as well, Norwich will get their act together and improve imo, too good a team not to, Birmingham under Rowett are steely as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    We should completely forget about the top 2 tbh, those positions are miles off, its only really the pi** poor consistancy of the 4-8th positions that we're still right in the mix for the playoffs imo, and we should concentrate entirely on getting into the top 6 and then cementing our place in them if possible.

Brighton and Newcastle are a class above this season, Reading are no mugs either and will be extremely difficult in chasing down. Leeds and Sheff Weds both look decent and should make the playoffs. still work to be done.
    I don't think any team is nailed on, Newcastle, should walk it on paper but lost at home to Blackburn today! whilst Brighton are no better than half a dozen other teams of which I'd include the Rams so its all to play for IMO.

What's going on Acido? I'm already planning ways of spending those winnings I'm taking off you...that's what.
    Can't see Newcastle slipping up with Benitez and all their resources but Brighton have messed up big time in two of the last three seasons so all to play for. IMO anyone from QPR upwards can make a challenge for the top six but I'd be worried if I was a fan of Burton, Barnsley and, obviously, Rotherham.

You would think newcastle won't slip up but football is a funny old game, but there are 5 other places up for grabs IMO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)