I don't suppose there were many lad's of our vintage who never played with it, Subbuteo. I started playing with mine when i was 13.
Hey, collecting the teams was almost as much fun as playing the game. They were regulary updated to represent the latest strips, but of course the strips didn't change every season like they do now.
As you know,in 1968, the year of my first Subbuteo, Wolves ditched the black shorts and played in an all gold strip, Coventry played in an all Sky Blue, Subbuteo had these two strips nailed for that season and i bought them both.
It was round the time that Liverpool started playing in all red and Chelsea in all blue, but Wolves only kept it for a season.
In November 1968, me and my friend who was a Wolves fan went to Molineux, to watch Wolves v Coventry, and under the lights the strips looked good. The game finished 1-1, Peter Knowles getting the equaliser from a free kick at the South Bank 10 mins from the end.
I wonder if anyone kept their old Subbuteo's from the 1960's along with the strips of that period.
The Wolves one would be extremely rare.