+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup quandary?

FA Cup quandary?

Personally I don't think we've got a prayer at West Brom, they're a decent Premiership side who can afford to concentrate on the Cup and we've lost a bit of confidence lately and have other ambitions. With four crucial league matches to come in January but not forgetting that 6,000 tickets have been sold, what sort of team should McClaren be putting out?

Totally agree, they are a solid side, and the cup is probably a realistic target for them with no other requirements than a mid-table finish. We all know Mac's approach to these games, and our momentum seems to have come to a halt.

Really hope I'm wrong, but expecting us to be a walk over

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Really hope I'm wrong, but expecting us to be a walk over
    I expect the same. We really haven't got the resources available at the moment to compete. Shame really because a good cup run undoubtedly lifts morale.

We're still both having a good season Anagram
    Ive seen a few fans say that the Fa cup doesnt matter because it will affect their promotion push etc. Do any fans on here think this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    We're still both having a good season Anagram
    Ive seen a few fans say that the Fa cup doesnt matter because it will affect their promotion push etc. Do any fans on here think this ?
    Sad to say, because I remember the days when the FA Cup was genuinely exciting, but surely most fans will take promotion over a good cup run won't they?

Ohh in case you forgot, we did beat Notts Florist the other day
    I can remember seasons where our league form has improved with a good Fa cup run, but then again this doesnt always happen and it can work against us as well.
    I will be disappointed if we go out this weekend at the Blacky donkey lashers, BUT if we finish where we are now (or roughly mid table) I will be delighted with this season.

ramAnag. Have to with you we haven't a prayer scratching my head to pick 11starters Who for left back who for midfield a striker who is likely to have shot Will Ince Bent Russell Bryson even turn up Its going to be a very funny side Not looking forward to this one bit I will forecast the first corner or free kick we will concede and the tie will be over well before half time Just hope we get no more injuries

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    ramAnag. Have to with you we haven't a prayer scratching my head to pick 11starters Who for left back who for midfield a striker who is likely to have shot Will Ince Bent Russell Bryson even turn up Its going to be a very funny side Not looking forward to this one bit I will forecast the first corner or free kick we will concede and the tie will be over well before half time Just hope we get no more injuries
    Admire your commitment mista. Having said we've got no chance, I'm such a crap pundit we'll probably win a 3-2 thriller with a Blackman hat trick. Remember where you heard it first.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Admire your commitment mista. Having said we've got no chance, I'm such a crap pundit we'll probably win a 3-2 thriller with a Blackman hat trick. Remember where you heard it first.
    Keep predicting Anag it seems to work for us! What a difference from Monday, new signing looks very good!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Keep predicting Anag it seems to work for us! What a difference from Monday, new signing looks very good!
    Good heh. Genuinely didn't see that coming but delighted. What should my prediction be for Friday night?

More Derby fans at the Hawthorns than Forest and home fans put together at Wigan...normal service is resumed, eh Tricky?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 07-01-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)