+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa v Hull

Villa v Hull

Team

Johnstone
    Hutton
    Terry
    Chester
    Taylor
    Whelan
    Lansbury
    Elmohamady
    Bacuna
    Gabby
    Hogan

I like the Hutton elmo overlapping thing and a superbly taken goal by Mr Villa. Another 19 of those this season and we will all love him as much as bongo!

Well Rosie, 1-0 HT. All played alright really, even Gabby n Hutton. Unfair to pick out a star or a dud at this point. Much more positive play in 45mins than most of all last 5 or 6 seasons. Thought JT looked a bit flat footed towards the end of the half with Hernandez but he has been a rock positioning at the back, lifting the pressure off Chester.
    Hope for more of the same 2nd half. Bought Narrrich tickets this morning woohoo.

Bloody hell, I'm a jinx 1-1. Im off before I cause more damage.

Well its the same old song

Good well taken goal by Gabby, he worked hard but seldom showed for the ball

For a Brucey Bonus can anyone explain w/t/f Bacuna brings to the party ? The guy couldn't pass wind !

From the start of the second half Hull took the initiative, we again witnessed Steve Bruce’s inability to influence the course of a game

But hold on what's this - with 300 seconds left Bruce has a spectacular attacking idea “ lets throw on Chris Samba & hoof the ball goal-wards” WOW !! truly inspirational

I can accept we ain't gonna win every match

But for Christ sake Steve “ Lets make a fist of it & go down swinging”

So NO gametime for Connor Hourihanne or James Bree today... are they out of favour with Steve Bruce already ?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    So NO gametime for Connor Hourihanne or James Bree today... are they out of favour with Steve Bruce already ?
    No idea Acido, CH was played out of position last season, and Bree?, well, I don't know what he's done wrong. He certainly looks an upgrade on our other RBs, tho some would dispute that despite Hutton's kamikaze nature. Tis a long season, as we found out last year, so hopefully (for me) they will get their chance. I'm very disappointed with Lansbury, so hopefully our loan from Spurs will take the No10 role, leaving CH to provide the ammunition.

What's happening up there?, sold all ya players. We stole 2 and Wendy robbed another, what's gooooooin on?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    No idea Acido, CH was played out of position last season, and Bree?, well, I don't know what he's done wrong. He certainly looks an upgrade on our other RBs, tho some would dispute that despite Hutton's kamikaze nature. Tis a long season, as we found out last year, so hopefully (for me) they will get their chance. I'm very disappointed with Lansbury, so hopefully our loan from Spurs will take the No10 role, leaving CH to provide the ammunition.
    What's happening up there?, sold all ya players. We stole 2 and Wendy robbed another, what's gooooooin on?
    Hey up Exiled, and tahh for replying.
    We thought Connor was ace and we were really disappointed to have lost him for (whatever the undisclosed fee was). James was good as well at what he did, but Connor was an attacking goalscoring midfielder, and they are like bricks of gold at this level. Know what I mean ?. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post

Its Steve Bruce speciality Acido

Signing a player who was successful/confident @ his previous club

Then Mr Bruce cunningly suppresses/strangulates/discards what made him such a success at his former club & play in Bruce’s unadventurous ultra defensive system

I was immensely impressed by Connor Hourihanne when he played for Barnsley -who I am sad to say is now a shadow of the captain/player you once knew

The great news is Bruce’s is well on track with his existing project I.e destroying the once confident Scot Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by freer View Post
    Its Steve Bruce speciality Acido
    Signing a player who was successful/confident @ his previous club
    Then Mr Bruce cunningly suppresses/strangulates/discards what made him such a success at his former club & play in Bruce’s unadventurous ultra defensive system.
    I was immensely impressed by Connor Hourihanne when he played for Barnsley -who I am sad to say is now a shadow of the captain/player you once knew. The great news is Bruce’s is well on track with his existing project I.e destroying the once confident Scot Hogan.
    Hey Freer I appreciate the info and hearing what you all think about Bruce, and his attitude towards Connor.
    We had a stinker today at Bristol City, so lets not talk about that eh lol. What about the Hull game, I didn't watch it but it sort of looks like 2 points blown ?.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)