+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mawson sell on clause

Mawson sell on clause

Moved to fulham for about £15million potentially rising to £20.

Does anyone know the % sell on clause? I'd guess somewhere between 10 and 25% bit that's just a guess.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45024377

I would imagine 15% john .

Warriva it is I'm sure it'll be too good to be true and tha can bet thi bottom dollar that they'll not be re investing it in our team

I would guess that the sell on clause is on the profit only and 15%

Dan the man's happy New lino in his office from sell on clause

He won’t see a penny...Chien and his crew will just be rubbing their hands at a windfall for doing feck all.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I would guess that the sell on clause is on the profit only and 15%

Brentford are due £600,000 from Fulham’s £15m deal to sign ex-Bees defender Alfie Mawson from Swansea.
    Brentford are owed 40% of a sell-on fee agreed by Barnsley when the Yorkshire club sold him to Swansea in 2016.

That sell-on clause entitled Barnsley to 15% of any profit above £5m Swansea made on Mawson, meaning the Tykes are now set to receive £1.5m following his move to Fulham.

Part of that sum will go to Brentford under the terms of the compensation deal agreed seven months after Mawson joined Barnsley when his contract at Griffin Park expired in 2015.

So we'll get £900,000 then. Ya cud buy a Thiam fo that.

Will these owners ever put any of their own money into the club or just put it into the what we've made profit chest to be opened at the end of the financial year

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Will these owners ever put any of their own money into the club or just put it into the what we've made profit chest to be opened at the end of the financial year
    Dooali you must be the most negative poster on any forum I have read.The club must have given you some pleasure over the years.Try enjoying life a bit more you might enjoy it.As for the new owners they sanctioned 7 deals in the January window and had a million pound offer for Williams turned down that says to me they are very proactive.Try and enjoy the season I know I will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast