+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Sack Paul Hurst

Ipswich Sack Paul Hurst

Well he dint last long did he , I still think he was our first choice before Stendel

I'm glad we didn't get him now. Blood and thunder only gets you so far. O.k in league 1 and league 2 another Flitcroft Roy of the Rovers manager.

He's probably a good Manager ? What bit's av seen on him , he seems quiet on the touchline and uninspiring , not much passion ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    He's probably a good Manager ? What bit's av seen on him , he seems quiet on the touchline and uninspiring , not much passion ,
    Like Paul Heckingbottom

The Ipswich fans practically hounded Mick out and it just goes to show what a remarkable job he did there not ever having them near the relegation zone on a limited championship budget .

Suck it up I say .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The Ipswich fans practically hounded Mick out and it just goes to show what a remarkable job he did there not ever having them near the relegation zone on a limited championship budget .

Suck it up I say .
    Like. Very much like Patrick Cryne did with Mark Robins.

Suck it up I say .
    Thing is if it’s crap boring football what’s the point in just treading water, people just stop going anyway

It's what happens when clubs get richer. The competition gets hotter because there are more rich clubs. Somebody has to be relegated. That's how it's become in the Premiership and Championship barring a handful of clubs. Even Aston Villa are struggling not through lack of money but because they're competing with similar size clubs with that level of investment.

There's no doubt in my mind that when we get promoted we'll make a better fist of it than before although there are no guarantees

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Thing is if it’s crap boring football what’s the point in just treading water, people just stop going anyway
    They didn't exactly replace Mick with someone who had a reputation for playing decent football in Paul Hurst .

His Shrewsbury side last season were bloody horrible on the eye even if they were effective .

They didn't exactly replace Mick with someone who had a reputation for playing decent football in Paul Hurst .

His Shrewsbury side last season were bloody horrible on the eye even if they were effective .

Thing is mate managers have to utilise what players are at their disposal. I think Paul Hursts style of football at Shrewsbury reflected what personnel he had and he drew the best out of them. As displeasing as it was to watch they almost gained automatic promotion. Very much the same could be said of Mick McCarthy towards the end of his tenure at Ipswich, crap budget, modest players equals modest football but he did a fantastic job as you alluded to in an earlier post. The Ipswich fans will realise that as they continue to struggle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast