+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rafa benitez acceptable contract offer

Rafa benitez acceptable contract offer

What would you offer rafa as a contract to stay .
    2 year ,3 year or more
    A set amount each window.
    Between 60 and 100 mill a season.
    Investment in the training facilities .?

current form untill the end of season

then a spend of where we finish in the league and 18 month running contract

3 -5 year deal
    All training facilities updated to the best level
    Full control of ins and outs
    100 million a season
    Money. Available if he needed it

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    3 -5 year deal
    All training facilities updated to the best level
    Full control of ins and outs
    100 million a season
    Money. Available if he needed it
    That would be ideal but.

We would need a proper ambitious owner before that could happen Kev.

Just say he will stay. As long as all of the lads get a free bike and a pair of ****ty old shin pads. Also pick up some glasses for Joselu. I think he has been playing with two glass eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    Just say he will stay. As long as all of the lads get a free bike and a pair of ****ty old shin pads. Also pick up some glasses for Joselu. I think he has been playing with two glass eyes.
    Hopefully as long as Rondon stays fit we won’t see much more of Joselu

I would love to see Rafa stay and build up a decent squad but that depends a great deal on how he is backed in the next window. Ashley is a gambler but won’t want another relegation.

I think the lack of decent transfers in the Summer made the majority of sane minded fans realise we faced another relegation battle before the season even started.

It will go down as another Ashley to u if he lets rafa walk

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Hopefully as long as Rondon stays fit we won’t see much more of Joselu

I would love to see Rafa stay and build up a decent squad but that depends a great deal on how he is backed in the next window. Ashley is a gambler but won’t want another relegation.

I think the lack of decent transfers in the Summer made the majority of sane minded fans realise we faced another relegation battle before the season even started.
    we goy ki shar rondon fernandez and a few others
    3 of those have proved good signings when rafa plays them one is ok

noy many teams have spent well and improved

we didnt spend a lot but the squad has improved

from last season

rondon has improved te front line better than joselwho
    ki given us options in the middle we didnt have last season
    fernandez should keep lascelles out and is a very good player
    and sher gives us some biye
    not many brought 4 player who improved the team from te previous season

ki has given us more in the middle

I'm in two minds about wanting him to stay.
    I personally think his ego and stubbornness is a mixture of a mild help and a major hindrance to the overall squad set up.

If he could walk into my office (assuming I was owner) and promise me he would set his squad out to entertain in terms of setting them up to go out for a win instead of setting them up not to lose, then I'd be more inclined to hang him onto a 3 year contract as a starter.

I'd set him a budget based on that premise of maybe an initial 50 million cash plus his own wheeling and dealing, but with strict instructions that further transfer dealing will be with much reduced cash outlay and based much more on him selling to finance.

I'd tell him that all player sales will be his kitty with maybe 20 million a season added to it if necessary.
    There would be a wage ceiling that I would not cross, no matter what. I would never go over a set wage budget and any player coming to this club would then be under no illusions about trying to hold the club to ranson, which then waters down the mercenary potentials.

As it stands with Rafa and Ashley is this: If Rafa signs a new contract then he's go no excuses, because he will have surely covered it to walk away in the event of his deal not being met and the club would certainly be under no illusions about no honouring it.

I think this was more than ironed out last time and is why he hasn't walked...just bemoaned. But anyway, new contract and new chapter, maybe?
    Or new manager and new start?

I'd be more than happy to keep Rafa if the Bournemouth game was the stall set out in the main, especially at home against ANY opposition.

5 years. With a plan in place for those five years backed up with watertight, spending promises to accomodate Rafas plan to be a regular top 6/CL places challenging side by the end of it. All transfer profits reinvested and a cut of the sky money. Proper sponsorship payments, investment in youth, training facilities, and SJP freshened up. That would do me.

Rafa's not stubborn just to.be a cnt. He sees these players every day and has reasons for his decisions not to mention a CV to back it up. Hes a seasoned manager who has forgotten more about football than all of us know.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)