+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Name slip on radio Nottm

Lightbulb Name slip on radio Nottm

Utter chaos in the studio due to links failing left right and centre, then a whoops moment, the stand in chap saying that Notts signed 2 players yesterday, the new name being midfielder Jim O'Brien https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_O%...er,_born_1987)

Likely to be the next then?

New Midfield player signed?

Did I hear Slater say we signed a midfield player yesterday - just caught it on the radio, first name Jim - anyone know anymore?

if so, wiki says he is a winger - do we need another winger?

Just seen your fred - very odd if signing another winger

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I guess it depends who maybe going the other way??

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Ardley obviously doesn't see Hawkridge as any sort of option. The problem with this team is there are so many areas of weakness, and so many players who don't provide any sort of challenge for a first team place, that it's difficult to know which part to strengthen first!

For me, the full-back positions need a major upgrade and we need two combative central midfielders to give us some real bite and win the ball. As Yates and Hewitt showed last season, if we can actually control the midfield in games, it takes the pressure of our dodgy defenders and gives our flair players like Boldewijn and Thomas more of the ball to actually create something.

Quote Originally Posted by matt5cott View Post
    Threads merged here

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Ardley obviously doesn't see Hawkridge as any sort of option. The problem with this team is there are so many areas of weakness, and so many players who don't provide any sort of challenge for a first team place, that it's difficult to know which part to strengthen first!

For me, the full-back positions need a major upgrade and we need two combative central midfielders to give us some real bite and win the ball. As Yates and Hewitt showed last season, if we can actually control the midfield in games, it takes the pressure of our dodgy defenders and gives our flair players like Boldewijn and Thomas more of the ball to actually create something.
    Yes it's a sorry tale. I think we need to look towards having a strong spine of Goalkeeper, Two Central Defenders, Two Central Midfielders and two Strikers. Out of those I think our strikers are the strongest.

So I'd like to see another central defender come in (as Barclay has joined) unless Bird is going to be solid, but certainly two central midifielders particularly in the Bishop / Ravenhill spoiler mould. Also sorry Fitz but a new goalkeeper. 53 goals to me tells me he is part of the defensive problem and not the solution.

maybe with Enzio being out for longer too.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast