+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Rose

Danny Rose

Danny Rose says he is so fed up of football, mainly the way racism is handled, that he cannot wait to finish his career.

I have plenty of sympathy for him - it needs stamping out.

But in my opinion he did little for his cause by saying that the fine imposed on Montenegro for racist behaviour in the crowd is similar to what he spends on a night out in London (£42,500).

If I spend a tenner on a night out here in Morecambe then I consider it to be a big night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47819994

Whilst not condoning racism, and he does have a point about the response to it, I have no sympathy at all for him. He's a very rich man, he doesn't have to play football, he can choose to do whatever he wants with his life, he's a very lucky boy indeed, one of a privileged elite, if he doesn't want to have morons hurling the occasional insult at him, he doesn't have to, so his whining grates a little.

I think what I'm trying to say is that for even half his wages I'd happily put up with being abused by a few morons for a couple of hours a week, it's a small price to pay for his lifestyle, the man doth protest too much.

I think a lot of Footballers are very thick or stupid, or both, and for me Rose fits both categories, not just for his latest comments on "racism", but for a comment on another subject a year or so ago, not to mention the pathetic statement that he spends £42,000 on an evening out.

Nobody will ever get rid of Racism no matter what is done, I have lived with both sides of Racism for many years, its rife from both white and black folk.

Rose has made a very good living (as Sinkov states) for many years, from schoolboy to adulthood, he's seen it, he's heard it, yet continued to play and rake in the money to become a Millionaire, so he has joined the bandwagon and NOW he has the stupid audacity to say "I can't wait to see the back of it", What a complete knob head.

I'm not condoning Racism, but you will never stamp it out, especially when a lot of the things that happen is not even racist but the powers that be label it racism, the Bong booing at the Turf comes to mind.

Rose is probably not the most articulate of human beings. Even a total knobjockey wouldn't claim to spend £42,500.00 on a night out in London. His parallel between his night out costs and insignificant fines was a bit stupid but EUFA are far too lenient with these eastern European racist nations.

He does have a valid point though, it's 2019 and racism should by now be designated to the history books. A "few morons" are still a few to many sinkov and EUFA and FIFA continue to voice their platitudes but still do fhuck all about it.

Racism sucks the joy out of the beautiful game, how could anyone even see colour when Pele was at his majestic best? There was a photo last week of a woman at the England game in Montenegro (how odd is that?) and you could clearly see she was performing the monkey chant. How's about slinging these moronic imbeciles out of the competition? I'll bet that would work?

You will never get rid of it BT, you will always get the Neanderthals who know no better, Jesus the powers that be cannot even sort out a game properly let alone anti social behaviour

I can remember a few years back, a rich, white footballer stuck out a leg in a World Cup game, tripped a player up and got sent off. He was blamed for our WC exit. The following season this player was abused non stop on every league ground he played on, it wasn't racist abuse, but was much more vocal, long lasting and vicious that anything Rose has had to put up with, and it must have hurt, it couldn't have done otherwise.

David Beckham took it all and never once complained, some people have class, some don't.

racism is only relevant if reacted to, in my opinion of course. I've been "called", "named" many "names" because I'm English and whilts in other countries. I think / know it's how you as person reacts that causes conflict.

All very well Map, but how would YOU have reacted if you had been in the lady in the videos shoes?

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/22/e...deo/index.html

I would not react.....again in my hubble opinion, that is what racisist "people" want so I choose to ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    I would not react.....again in my hubble opinion, that is what racisist "people" want so I choose to ignore them.
    That's a good tactic Map and I have tried it on most occasions, but in a few instances for myself (and with the women on the plane) no reaction would have been fruitless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)