+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aston Villa Post Match Thoughts

Aston Villa Post Match Thoughts

Did anyone ever mention a roller coaster? Disappointing to lose from a winning position at half time but we are still in there competing toe to toe against the top teams and with a fighting chance of survival after tonight's results turned in our favour (although the last gasp equaliser for Reading was a blow). Just 5 more cup finals and 5 more heart attacks to stave off

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 11-04-2019 at 05:47 AM.

Bowlax 😣😥😪🤮

Did better against 11 men.
    The penalty they got changed the momentum and we couldn’t recover.
    Hope I’m wrong but I think that’s us down.

I'm so incensed with Ajayi's inept performance tonight, that's two s.hite performances back to back, and what does Warne see in Newell to play him like he does?

I'm posting tomorrow when I've calmed down......I AM SO PISSED OFF WITH THAT SECOND HALF PERFORMANCE!

TALK ABOUT THROW A GAME AWAY!!!!!

Not good enough 2nd half, too many misplaced passes.
    Credit to Villa once they scored the 2nd they were organised with ten men dropping deep.
    Always seem to shoot ourselves in the foot when a point was there for the taking.
    The game seemed to have bypassed Semi tonight.
    Substitutes made no difference.
    Must win game at Stoke on Saturday.

UTM
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 10-04-2019 at 09:20 PM.

Doff your cap to Aston Villa, a superb club, with a real soul, magnificent supporters and a team timing their end of season run in to perfection.

Just how good were they in game management? They closed down the game completely in the last 15 minutes and we didn't get a sniff.

My only complaint is that we didn't bring Williams on earlier although.

We gave everything , they were just better.

Bitterly disappointing to lose that one

At the end of the first half I thought we were in for a second great win on the trot. 1-0 up against 10 men at home with us getting behind the lads. Sadly not!

Aston Villa turned it up a few notches second half and just overpowered us. The players didn't know what had hit them. We gave it a really good go with a couple of deflected shots from Taylor and Vaulks but most of our set pieces into the box second half they were onto it first and up the other end in a flash. Their quality told in the end and you can see why they've won 7 on the bounce. Grealish is annoyingly good, and I have to mention the lack of intent shown by Newell in most of his play tonight. Newell was below par but I'm not going to criticise the lads too much because, overall, we did give it 100%. At least none of our main relegation rivals got the win.

UP THE MILLERS, and onto Stoke in Saturday

They were like headless chickens when they went down to 10 men, should have taken advantage then.

They were much more composed second half and we were lacking ideas.

Think that kid with the sign in the Villa half must have been the son of a teacher; "May I have your shirt Grealish?", instead of "Can I", Podd would be happy, don't know if he got the shirt though.
    Last edited by great_fire; 10-04-2019 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Doff your cap to Aston Villa, a superb club, with a real soul, magnificent supporters and a team timing their end of season run in to perfection.

Just how good were they in game management? They closed down the game completely in the last 15 minutes and we didn't get a sniff.

My only complaint is that we didn't bring Williams on earlier although.

We gave everything , they were just better.
    Good Post

That second half was as bad as anything you will ever see. 3-0 at home to Yeovil/Forest Green or even the 4-0 at Macclesfield under Norman Hunter. From the first minute of the second half when Rodak parried a mi**** shot that a baby would have caught, Mattock slicing the ball out of play and Ajayi making mistake after mistake. We never won a header in the second half, never won a challenge, jumped in when there was no need and made the wrong decision after wrong decision after wrong decision. Mix that with some baffling substitutions, each one that made us weaker than before and you have an embarrassment of a performance, made all the worse by the excellent first half. Warne should give Dean Smith some form of payment for being taken to school like that, why we didn't react to them going 3-4-2 I will never know.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast