+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe why the SA's flew the coop.

Maybe why the SA's flew the coop.

Nando’s restaurants are flying the coop, with more than one in five of the peri-peri chain’s Australian restaurants shutting its doors.

Out of 250 Nando’s locations listed on the company’s website, 55 are no longer operating. They include two out of three of its ACT locations, two in Western Australia, 14 in Queensland, 16 in NSW and 21 in Victoria.

“Sorry, this restaurant has flown the coop,” a message reads instead.

According to a Nando’s disclosure document dated last month, 22 franchises ceased operating in the 12 months to March 2019, up from 13 in the previous year and nine in the year before that.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Nando’s restaurants are flying the coop, with more than one in five of the peri-peri chain’s Australian restaurants shutting its doors.

Out of 250 Nando’s locations listed on the company’s website, 55 are no longer operating. They include two out of three of its ACT locations, two in Western Australia, 14 in Queensland, 16 in NSW and 21 in Victoria.

According to a Nando’s disclosure document dated last month, 22 franchises ceased operating in the 12 months to March 2019, up from 13 in the previous year and nine in the year before that.
    Don't think it was the boys who officially owned them.They had a "suger daddy" bit of a recluse,but very rich rumoured to be him bank rolling that bid

I was told the SA consortium were upset that they were in competition with a known convict and there interest cooled due to AH not ending ties with the MAY group quick enough. I was told They did renew interest after the May bid was terminated, but it seems the damage was already done

I was told it was because more debt kept turning up.

All the ones here will be franchises and the franchisee simply won’t have renewed and can’t sell as they are not profitable anymore. With the cost of rents here in the places they are in that’s not surprising. A few Nandos stores closing in Australia will have zero to do with it. The fact we are owned by a knob will.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    I was told it was because more debt kept turning up.
    I cant believe that for one minute.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    All the ones here will be franchises and the franchisee simply won’t have renewed and can’t sell as they are not profitable anymore. With the cost of rents here in the places they are in that’s not surprising. A few Nandos stores closing in Australia will have zero to do with it. The fact we are owned by a knob will.

Just thought I'd throw something different in. Never a good thing if stores are closing and I know some that have gone bankrupt, not merely a case of just not renewing. I once tried Nandos and it was appalling; not surprised they are closing.

Just thought I'd throw something different in. Never a good thing if stores are closing and I know some that have gone bankrupt, not merely a case of just not renewing. I once tried Nandos and it was appalling; not surprised they are closing.
    I once owned a franchise and it was singularly the worst investment decision of my entire life. I sold it after 18 months and count myself lucky I managed to. I don't think much to it. I can't see the point to be honest. As you know the economy is not so flash here right now but boy did I enjoy the cricket the other night!

Franchising is dying a death over here...I just sold one, got a cr@p price but over the 8 years I had it, we had a pretty good life. Would NEVER do one again and would advise anyone against doing the same.

What South Africans?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast