+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fair shares at Tynecastle

Fair shares at Tynecastle

Motherwell and Hearts put plenty of effort into a 1-1 draw at Tynecastle. - External Link

And top six secured with four games before the split. Magnificent.

Three games before the split.

But aye, cracking stuff. You'd not have had many predicting that pre-season after another summer of departures and the Turnbull situation.

I will say yet again, because why not, I fully expect Aberdeen to prove stronger in the run in and take third. Fourth is still a superb campaign though and we have every chance of getting that.

A number of good performances today. Long took his goal very well and was a pest to the Hearts defence throughout the game. Aarons and Hylton both had good games, particularly the former, and O'Hara had another all action match - he’d be a good signing if we can get him. Maguire coped pretty well when he had to replace Campbell and his long throw-ins were very effective. All in all a fair point as both teams had chances. Enjoyed Naismith blocking his own shot from three yards out - hit it with his right foot and blocked it with his left - payback for his tendency to fall over at any excuse.

Does 4th do for a wee sniff of a European Tour if the Scottish Cup pans out as expected?

Quote Originally Posted by Gowboy View Post
    A number of good performances today. Long took his goal very well and was a pest to the Hearts defence throughout the game. Aarons and Hylton both had good games, particularly the former, and O'Hara had another all action match - he’d be a good signing if we can get him. Maguire coped pretty well when he had to replace Campbell and his long throw-ins were very effective. All in all a fair point as both teams had chances. Enjoyed Naismith blocking his own shot from three yards out - hit it with his right foot and blocked it with his left - payback for his tendency to fall over at any excuse.
    I worried that the loss of Campbell might prove our undoing, but the others stepped up. We can put a decent team on the park, with Turnbull, Watt and Donnelly waiting in the wings and Charles Dunne getting there. My pre - season assessment just didn't see this league position coming; I thought we might be in trouble at the other end of the table. Absolutely delighted to have been so completely wrong!
    A wee awkward note today - some of our supporters got into a bit of a scuffle (I think they were at odds with each other!) behind the stand at half - time. Keep the heid, guys; this kind of stuff reflects badly on our club.

Yes.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)