+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: There is something drastically wrong at our club !!!!!

There is something drastically wrong at our club !!!!!

There is something drastically wrong with Burnley FC. Why is there something wrong? Well it might be a number of factors. Firstly, the area itself with the perceptions that come with it but there are many beautiful parts good enough for anyone.

Secondly it might be the club itself with a little old club syndrome.

Thirdly it may be the directors and the way the club is run knowing it is inward looking and miserly with available funds and wages.

Fourthly it might be our manager who seems incapable of attracting the right players for the club and that might be because of our staid/boring style

Fifthly it might be players can see how some players are treated when they do sign e.g. Gibson and Vydra and Wells just to name a few.

Finally, we are so boring that TV put us last on their list of viewing (not just BBC) and already have been dropped in the season coming for at least 2 games that were to be televised.

Until all the above matters are reviewed and appropriate actions taken then we will simply dwindle away and go back down the pyramid of football.

I have to say I am very quickly losing heart and any feel good factor for the club. If the directors and Manager cannot see there are many dissatisfied supporters then I fear for the future of BFC.

dont forget - the greater footballl powers decide the movements within the game - but of course, that needs cooperation, which leads to confusion - because of the repeatedly counterproductive decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    There is something drastically wrong with Burnley FC. Why is there something wrong? Well it might be a number of factors. Firstly, the area itself with the perceptions that come with it but there are many beautiful parts good enough for anyone.

Thirdly it may be the directors and the way the club is run knowing it is inward looking and miserly with available funds and wages.

Fourthly it might be our manager who seems incapable of attracting the right players for the club and that might be because of our staid/boring style

Fifthly it might be players can see how some players are treated when they do sign e.g. Gibson and Vydra and Wells just to name a few.

Finally, we are so boring that TV put us last on their list of viewing (not just BBC) and already have been dropped in the season coming for at least 2 games that were to be televised.

Until all the above matters are reviewed and appropriate actions taken then we will simply dwindle away and go back down the pyramid of football.

I have to say I am very quickly losing heart and any feel good factor for the club. If the directors and Manager cannot see there are many dissatisfied supporters then I fear for the future of BFC.
    I think you have a very serious case of "Lockdown Blues" Lancaster100.

The obvious answer is to get treated for Clinical Depression or better still ask our Mike to get his finger out and buy Trippier.

Since the latter is highly unlikely, make yourself an appointment and get on the anti-depressants.

Re Boring football
    I watched with interest the charity shield this weekend and the premier league champions and I have to say that they hoofed it forward as much if not more than Burnley, which made me think that we get labelled long ball , hoof ball a bit too much as no one mentioned it once in commentary of Liverpool.

There is something drastically wrong at our club !!!!!

No Sh!t Sherlock !

Sorry Lancaster, I'm just pissed off, like at the start of last season, the season before, the season before that, the se. . . . . . . .

Bloody hell Lancaster you are depressed,I think you have been watching the main news a bit too much.Virtually end of the summer and I guess you haven't managed to have a holiday this year.Follow BT's advice and you will soon be well again.

Look at a few postives:-

1.We are sound financially.

2.Look where we are and compare us to Bolton,Bury,Wigan,Sunderland,Portsmouth etc etc.

3.Longest serving EPL Manager who is arguably the best in our history.

4.First class Academy and some good prospects coming through (Look at the match reports for Shrewsbury & Tranmere.)

5.The town is what it is and where it is.Bournemouth is nice for a holiday but the town is about the people who live there.I live away from Burnley now and have done so for a long time but I love going back.I wear my Burnley shirt or jacket occasionally and you would be surprised at how many people compliment the Club.

Yes,we all want Trippier back,but you can understand the Club's feeling,we sign him in two years on a "free" or pay £20m for him now (£10m a season?).

Look forward to the relatively short journey you will hopefully be taking to see the team before much longer.

Enjoy the Bank Holiday.

Some people take life far too seriously.
    Remember that life is only a game and you are only allowed to take part for a realtively short time, that is not under your control either.
    Football is also only a game and is just not worth beating yourself up about.
    It is your choice whether or not you go to watch a game at any level, it is your choice whether or not you support any team at any level, it is your choice and your right to express an opinion and be depressed about everything relating to the club.
    However, if it is making you feel so depressed you really need to find some other interest in life -----after all, you can't control anything that happens at Burnley FC, therefore, it is just not worth worrying about. I hope that you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think you have a very serious case of "Lockdown Blues" Lancaster100.

The obvious answer is to get treated for Clinical Depression or better still ask our Mike to get his finger out and buy Trippier.

Since the latter is highly unlikely, make yourself an appointment and get on the anti-depressants.
    Bedlington you are probably right about having the lockdown blues etc. but that feeling is only about the situation finds itself in as for anything else my life is good and I always strife for good things to happen so having a feel good factor is what I look for. Unfortunately I have no feel good factor when it comes to our team. I have watched since 1964 and in terms of that era we are doing well under SD. However I worry that lack of transfer activity means we standstill and we should all know what happens when there is no refreshment in the squad

Bedlington you are probably right about having the lockdown blues etc. but that feeling is only about the situation finds itself in as for anything else my life is good and I always strife for good things to happen so having a feel good factor is what I look for. Unfortunately I have no feel good factor when it comes to our team. I have watched since 1964 and in terms of that era we are doing well under SD. However I worry that lack of transfer activity means we standstill and we should all know what happens when there is no refreshment in the squad
    I hate to say it lancaster100, but we usually finish around tenth.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)