+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 6 Goals

6 Goals

the lowest goals scored so far in the Premier League....and the award goes to - Burnley.

S.D says...its because we're still not firing in the attacking 3rd, that it still has to be addressed...does that mean he needs to look into why....after twelve games ? Then he says, but it's a twist of fate, one of those things ? - and with four good strikers, he then says..they need that twist to get them going - all of them ?
    Whats going on ?....I think he needs to straighten himself up.

Westwood, Jay Rod, McNeil and Brownhill can all score from outside the box, why don't they shoot more often?

Sean Dyche since he's been at Burnley I've always thought he could talk for England, and he was good at it, for the last year at least he IMO has not done himself any favours with some of his comments he's made, so I now really don't try and read anything into what he says because so much of it is gobble de gook, just as you say above Norder.

I honestly can't remember the game Alto, might have been Southampton away when Vydra came on, but him and Jay Rod play a different sort of game to Wood and Barnes.

They are never more than twelve yards away from each other, play slick one-two's that carve open chances.

I know SD is stubborn, but this is like putting two shell cases into a 12 bore shotgun and blowing both your feet off. I just don't get it.

our most recent match....was a perfect example, we defended well, saved well, they even managed to find enough gaps to finish us off, had many a chance to do it, but couldn't...that's where we'd excel, nick the points.... one crafty goal against the run of play.....it's a style we've worn for ages, and a look we've relied on....but it's gone missing ,and with it the key points that've kept us with it.
    Reckon it's time the emperor sharpened it up - made the essential changes fast...or should we start looking for new clothes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

the lowest goals scored so far in the Premier League....and the award goes to - Burnley.

S.D says...its because we're still not firing in the attacking 3rd, that it still has to be addressed...does that mean he needs to look into why....after twelve games ? Then he says, but it's a twist of fate, one of those things ? - and with four good strikers, he then says..they need that twist to get them going - all of them ?
    Whats going on ?....I think he needs to straighten himself up.

Agreed the forwards aren’t scoring - however the conundrum isn’t down to just them .

We need better quality possession and wide men that deliver quality ball if we had that our forwards would score more goals.

I mean we are having a pop at Wood and yes he’s missed one or two but if you genuinely add up the service to him and Jay rod , you’ll be able t see why we don’t score goals.

We have never been prolific scorers in the Prem, but this is unusual.

I'm confident that at least one of our strikers will start banging them in soon.

If only we'd scored as many goals as WBA or Sheff Utd, we'd be flying. Yes, the lack of goals is a slight concern, but we've still picked up 9 points in 6 games. We've had 4 clean sheets and that's even more important in some ways. Hard to lose if you let none in.

Vydra deserves more game time.

Yes, only 3 goals scored in our last 5 matches with 6 against and the result:-

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/prem...wettbewerb/GB1

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)