+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Knowles now undroppable?

Is Knowles now undroppable?

I could’ve put this on the match thread but felt it deserved highlighting with a post of its own.

Last night obviously saw a lot of improved performances, especially in the attacking third, and after calming down a bit from last night I can’t help but think the introduction of Knowles to play alongside Wootton from the start was the catalyst.

Everyone played better because of his role because he instinctively takes up great positions to get the best not only out of Wootton but also those playing just behind the strikers, his movement creates the space for everyone else. He’s that direct, energetic strike partner we’ve been missing all season in the absence of Thomas....but I think he’ll be better than him.

All of a sudden Wootton wasn’t as isolated as he has been for the last few months and could once again bring others into play. I know we didn’t have long to see it but even before the sending off there were signs that we looked a different, more menacing attacking threat with Knowles moving in and around Wootton.

Is it that simple? Has an effective strike partner for Wootton created that much more space in an around the attacking third that it has also given everyone else that little bit extra room to play in?

Is Knowles now undroppable?!

Think of who our manager is.
    Now think of his past record with players and formations
    Now think of players who score and play well and what has happened to them in the next few games.
    Throw in his age and what his thoughts are on younger players..
    Dropped is my conclusion..

I fear Pedro could be right, the manager gave a big hint when talking about the youngster saying what he needed to improve and that he would definitely be used in the right games.

Good performance against D&R no doubt but does NA consider Wrexham away the 'right game' for Knowles?

Time will tell and we will find out an hour before kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I could’ve put this on the match thread but felt it deserved highlighting with a post of its own.

Last night obviously saw a lot of improved performances, especially in the attacking third, and after calming down a bit from last night I can’t help but think the introduction of Knowles to play alongside Wootton from the start was the catalyst.

Everyone played better because of his role because he instinctively takes up great positions to get the best not only out of Wootton but also those playing just behind the strikers, his movement creates the space for everyone else. He’s that direct, energetic strike partner we’ve been missing all season in the absence of Thomas....but I think he’ll be better than him.

All of a sudden Wootton wasn’t as isolated as he has been for the last few months and could once again bring others into play. I know we didn’t have long to see it but even before the sending off there were signs that we looked a different, more menacing attacking threat with Knowles moving in and around Wootton.

Is it that simple? Has an effective strike partner for Wootton created that much more space in an around the attacking third that it has also given everyone else that little bit extra room to play in?

Is Knowles now undroppable?!
    I wouldn't say he's un-droppable as no player really should be, but what I will say is he's really given the manager something to think about going forward's - literally. I like his tenacity, his hunger, drive and desire and commitment. All excellent qualities. He is a natural finisher in that he instinctively knows where the back of the net is, and also how to play a good pass as he also get's assists. From a recent interview he seems level headed and sensible willing to listen and learn. I've made it clear on here about wanting to see more, but I appreciate he's young and is learning and the manager and coaches will know this so it's about having that mutual trust and confidence on both sides.

The only one negative for me is he's Mansfield's player and not ours.

The only one negative for me is he's Mansfield's player and not ours.[/QUOTE]

Jimmy Knowles is signed to The Stags until June 2021. So if Notts were promoted this season he might be prepared to jump ship. Exciting possibility intit?

Knowles is sh1te, if I were a Mansfield fan, I'd be glad to see the back of him.

Very promising player. I'd love to know our goals per minute ratio with/without him on the pitch.

I said a week or so back, in a 2 up he is definitely better, he's quick to react around and inside the box and looks like he can finish pretty well. In a 3 and wide I think he struggles more, in those situations he needs to beat a man more and currently I don't think that's where his strengths lie.

Basically what I stated on the appropriate thread a few days ago. He will frustrate people but he will create space and chances. The lack of options once he went off and that lump from Stevenage fouled his way to the 90th minute and failed to create anything of note was startling.

I don’t think he will start against Wrexham. I think we will see our more cautious 4-5-1 line up.
    Many on the prediction thread for that game said they would take a point. I think NA will keep things tight for the first 70 and will try and nick it late on meaning a cameo from the likes of Knowlesy.
    I think he will come back in against Kings Lynn next Tuesday - assuming that game goes ahead given 3 previous postponements against them.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast