+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The Cheltenham Festival

O/T:- The Cheltenham Festival

It's definitely a rather low key and watered down version this year, with no spectators and smaller fields and prize money. Saying that, it's still the World Cup of jump racing and there are some mouth-watering races to look forward to. As I always make clear, this isn't an incitement for anyone to gamble, it's aimed at helping anyone who will have a few bets to maximise their chances. There are always good offers at this time of year, and making the most of them could turn as loss into profit. A couple of the best offers for tomorrow are Skybet's 'money back as cash if your horse loses in the first' up to a £10 stake. If you win you win, if you lose you don't lose! The other is 888Sports new customer 'bet £10 on the first race tomorrow and get £35 in free bets'. That means if you open an account and bet £10 on the opener, you will be credited with 7 x £5 bets to use over the next 7 days. Always read the T&Cs before claiming, but there's nothing nasty in there. My other advice would be to check out what bookie is offering what. Make sure you get best odds guaranteed, and check place terms for each way bets - in the handicaps especially, some pay out on the first 4, some on the first 5, and some will even pay out on the first 6. This can mean the difference between a winning and losing bet, so do your homework. That's the end of my annual gambling lesson, so on to my selections. I haven't had a losing Cheltenham on here for ages, so I'm due one. Treat this like the score prediction, just a bit of fun.

1:20 Metier
    1:55 Shishkin (I won't back him at 1/2, I've had a bit on Captain Guiness without the favourite)
    2:30 Discordantly e/w (based on e/w paying 5 places)
    3:05 Honeysuckle (never been a big fan until her last run, that converted me)
    3:40 Roksana
    4:15 Nassalam e/w (again based on 5 e/w places)
    4:50 Galvin

I'll follow you for my usual 50 p a time!

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    I've always hoped people would follow my betting advice rather than my selections, but in this case you should get a bit of excitement over the afternoon (possibly followed by disappointment) for just £3.50. In Covid times, that seems almost appealing. To compare it in terms of value, you could pay £9.99 for the Boreham Wood live stream and still get a bit of excitement followed by disappointment!

Let's hope we're all winners tomorrow.

Love myself some horse racing and big fan of the big festival.

Only two for me tomorrow.

1:20 Métier - NAP plus Skybet Money back if you lose is the best offer in town.

3:05 Epatante - like EP hugely impressed with Honeysuckle's last run but his odds are too short now. I'll play Epatante at 4s

I have taken up Ladbrokes offer of bet £5 and get 4×£5 free bets.
    1-20. Ballyadam
    1-55 Shiskin but I have had a antipost e/w bet on Franco de Port @16/1
    2-30 Alnadam
    3-05. Honeysuckle. Sharjah e/w @16/1
    3-40 Concertista
    4-15. Houx Gris-- Sage Advice e/w @22/1
    4-50 Galvin
    Best of luck.
    EP I had the e/w bet in the Arkle antipost when there were 10 runners or more now there are only six. Does that mean I will have to finish in the first 2 or will the original placing count?
    Last edited by i961pie; 16-03-2021 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    Get your money on RONSEAL...!
    It's good over fences...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    EP I had the e/w bet in the Arkle antipost when there were 10 runners or more now there are only six. Does that mean I will have to finish in the first 2 or will the original placing count?
    I'm pretty sure the bet will be settled based on number of runners when you placed it, so I think you should get paid if it finishes third.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm pretty sure the bet will be settled based on number of runners when you placed it, so I think you should get paid if it finishes third.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Don't give up your day job

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    The first time my youngest daughter joined the Cheltenham trip she came out of the service station, and said the old bloke who had served her told her to back Dusty Carpet. I said I bet he also told you that "it's never been beaten". She still didn't get it!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast