+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My wish list for the 2021/22 season

My wish list for the 2021/22 season

1) That home and away fans are allowed into our football grounds for every match.
    2) That an independent football regulator will have been appointed to reform the game’s governance. I was more than disappointed with the Premier League response that an independent regulator was not necessary as they were doing a good job. I don’t think so. Do you? The so-called “Big 6” were ready to sell us all out and it wasn’t the PL that stopped them or has adequately defended the football pyramid that goes right down to the grassroots of our game.
    3) That there will be no more “taking the knee” before matches. This has become an overplayed gesture which is having little or no effect at best. Many fans are quite prepared to stand up to racism but will not join in taking a knee. Hatred and racism have no place in sport and neither imho does the knee. Am I crazy to believe that if football wants to make headway here it should listen to the fans and not to political organisations?
    4) That players feigning injury and trying to get their fellow professionals sent off should be suitably punished. This is a cancer in the game and needs to be addressed. It is not enough to have a laugh at their antics on MOTD however well-intentioned that was. It is of little use for footballers to have “no to racism” and “respect” badges on their shirts when they cannot themselves adhere to these principles.
    5) That Nick Pope will still be in goal for Burnley having recovered from surgery and been part of an England squad who have been crowned European Champions.
    6) That Sean Dyche will still be our manager and will have been given substantial funds to buy players of the quality we need to finish in the top half of the table.

Enjoy your summer break fellow Clarets and hopefully some of my wish list will be fulfilled.
    Last edited by outwoodclaret; 25-05-2021 at 02:12 AM.

Bloody hell outwood, it's not Christmas you know!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Bloody hell outwood, it's not Christmas you know!
    Perhaps someone will tell Santa I have been a good boy this year BT. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Perhaps someone will tell Santa I have been a good boy this year BT. Who knows?
    You would have had to be especially good to get that lot outwood!

These two will do for me:

5) That Nick Pope will still be in goal for Burnley having recovered from surgery and been part of an England squad who have been crowned European Champions.

6) That Sean Dyche will still be our manager and will have been given substantial funds to buy players of the quality we need to finish in the top half of the table.
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 25-05-2021 at 10:01 AM.

I was drinking my tea nicely until I got to Nos 5 & 6,then I choked.

Those are not a "Wish list" Outwood,you need miracles for those.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    I was drinking my tea nicely until I got to Nos 5 & 6,then I choked.

Those are not a "Wish list" Outwood,you need miracles for those.
    Southgate has omitted Pope from his provisional squad. That’s my accumulator down the Swanee already!

Football is a mess Outwood, we both know that, but for the life in me I cannot see what good an independent regulator would be. Just another pointless level of governance imo.

This taking the knee pantomime could get really entertaining when the grounds are full again. There has already been some booing from small crowds, and some players are saying this will inspire them to keep taking the knee. Millionaire footballers want to take on 50,000 plus working class fans. Best of luck with that lads, in fact the prospect almost entices me to buy a ST again, then I could join in with the booing.

The infantile behaviour of players will continue, and Pope will continue as our keeper. Whether Dyche will still be here, who knows.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)