+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9 Million Pounds

9 Million Pounds

It's cost the Broz to buy and run NCFC since they took the club over. Well according to MaceAche it has, Forts?

That's pretty much what the financial statements say, up to the end of June.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-12-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    That's pretty much what the financial statements say, up to the end of June.
    Linky not work..........
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-12-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Linky not work..........
    Just select the .pdf file from here

Sorry I didn't notice but the first one was a time limited link

My thoughts echo those expressed by Paul Mace, that we should be grateful to the Reedtz brothers for such a huge financial commitment, particularly in the face of the Covid pandemic, which obviously won't even have been a factor in their calculations when they bought the club.

The noticeable difference between the current owners and some of their predecessors is that I've never heard them comment, let alone complain about the cost of running the club, or any suggestion that tax bills or milk bills haven't been paid. Everything seems very calm, and yet clearly there's a huge amount of work done and money spent behind the scenes to maintain the impression of stability.

They also don't push a "5 year plan to the Championship" which contributed to the downfall of both Trew and Hardy when it was clear they hadn't go the money or wile to achieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Just select the .pdf file from here

Sorry I didn't notice but the first one was a time limited link
    Indeed and that has the benefit of being the official Companies House website.

PS Whenever I am buying something from the internet that involves a Limited company I double check them on Companies House. Stopped me recently from buying some costly camera gear at a cheap price when it was clear it was a one man band operating from a semi-detached house.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    They also don't push a "5 year plan to the Championship" which contributed to the downfall of both Trew and Hardy when it was clear they hadn't go the money or wile to achieve it.
    True.

I think fans get the most frustrated when owners over-promise and then under-deliver. The current owners generally leave the stage to the footballers and manager, but when they do speak, it's sensible stuff about aiming for gradual progression over the long-term. It might also be to their advantage that the penny may have finally dropped with some Notts fans about what ultimately happens when owners seek the limelight and pledge to splash the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    True.

I think fans get the most frustrated when owners over-promise and then under-deliver. The current owners generally leave the stage to the footballers and manager, but when they do speak, it's sensible stuff about aiming for gradual progression over the long-term. It might also be to their advantage that the penny may have finally dropped with some Notts fans about what ultimately happens when owners seek the limelight and pledge to splash the cash.
    This^^^^^. Every single word..

No more publically stated "5 year plans" please.

No more premature and inaccurate announcements of a Premier League striker signing.

It was all big talk, hot air, false promises and fake ambition.

Much prefer bear silent owners and a club that announces signings once pen has been put to paper and they are standing with a Notts scarf over their head.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I think fans get the most frustrated when owners over-promise and then under-deliver.
    Probably right, but I don't think owners that under-promise and under-deliver will be much better thought of.

Hopefully our current owners won't fall into that category.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast