+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stockport

Stockport

Appear to be imploding.

Is this a good or a bad thing from our perspective ? Assuming we are in the playoffs … would we rather play Wrexham or Stockport.
    If Stockport have “gone” then maybe them ?

Watch Halifax grab the title ������

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    Appear to be imploding.

Is this a good or a bad thing from our perspective ? Assuming we are in the playoffs … would we rather play Wrexham or Stockport.
    If Stockport have “gone” then maybe them ?
    Without doubt it's good news if Wrexham win the title and a dejected Stockport drop into the play-offs. I still don't think this Notts team has got what it takes to win three play-off matches, but our chances would certainly be improved if Wrexham are out of the equation and the morale of the league's second strongest team is on the floor.

If we were playing them tomorrow, I'd fancy Notts against Stockport or Chesterfield, home or away.

Not sure about Grimsby.

We really shouldn't be afraid of Halifax or Solihull. Away would be tough - as we've seen this season - but winnable.

Wrexham are the only team I'd seriously want to avoid.

Biggest question mark over Notts is whether or not they could get through three games without having one almighty stinker. Silly to give up hope now though, seeing that we're almost assured a place at the play-off party. OK nobody will be surprised if we blow it, but you'd be mad to say a club the size of Notts has no chance in the 5th tier play offs, we're not facing a Suunderland or Sheff Wed.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    OK nobody will be surprised if we blow it, but you'd be mad to say a club the size of Notts has no chance in the 5th tier play offs, we're not facing a Sunderland or Sheff Wed.
    Very true, and that's why I get frustrated by the narrative we often heard from Ardley and now again from Burchnall, telling us how difficult opponents like Dover, Weymouth and Aldershot will be, let alone the better teams. I'm not saying we should ever go into games thinking we have a right to win, but FFS we're Notts County Football Club playing in the National League with more resources than almost all teams at this level. We bloody well should demand that our players put in performances good and strong enough to take on and beat teams like Aldershot, and indeed most teams around us. How about a bit more of a 'can do' culture, even if it does put the dreaded 'pressure' on players, rather than repeatedly telling everyone how difficult it all is.

Jurgen and Pep both said very similar things when about to play Norwich and Watford recently. You wouldn't believe who Liverpool were about to play if you listen to Klopp before playing Narrrich.

It's just the usual respectful manager narrative pre game, I imagine it's to avoid doing the team talk for the opposition manager by saying anything that could be seen as disrespectful. Behind close doors i'd expect a different message.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Jurgen and Pep both said very similar things when about to play Norwich and Watford recently. You wouldn't believe who Liverpool were about to play if you listen to Klopp before playing Narrrich.

It's just the usual respectful manager narrative pre game, I imagine it's to avoid doing the team talk for the opposition manager by saying anything that could be seen as disrespectful. Behind close doors i'd expect a different message.
    The difference is that Manchester City and Liverpool then go out and demonstrate what a load of PR nonsense it all is.

Judging by yesterday's performance, our players actually believe it's too difficult to beat Aldershot away!

As Stockports next game is against Chesterfield I hope not. I can't see Stockports losing their 4 games or Wrexham winning their 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The difference is that Manchester City and Liverpool then go out and demonstrate what a load of PR nonsense it all is.

Judging by yesterday's performance, our players actually believe it's too difficult to beat Aldershot away!
    Well we all know why they can demonstrate it, light years ahead of the rest this season.

With the results and perfomances away from home this season if I were a Notts player I wouldn't be too confident. Whereas at home, well as we know that's a completely differently story thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post

They do but then the gap is miles bigger between the top PL sides and bottom ones.

No manager is ever going to say “it is an easy game” as you look a right d*ckhead if you lose !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast