+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 📝Archie Mair: Loan GK to end of season

📝Archie Mair: Loan GK to end of season

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...igning-130123/

We have completed the signing of promising Norwich City goalkeeper Archie Mair on loan until the end of the season.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 13-01-2023 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Added detail & icon to title

Looks to have a decent amount of experience, all good.

Our last Scotsman named Mair wasn’t half bad.

We have completed the signing of promising Norwich City goalkeeper Archie Mair on loan until the end of the season.

Mair, who has represented Scotland at various youth levels and has been training with us, will provide competition for number-one goalkeeper Sam Slocombe following Brad Young’s return to Leicester City.

Our goalkeeper coach, Tom Weal, who worked with the 21-year-old at Norwich, said: “Archie is a highly-skilled young goalkeeper with a significant amount of experience both in this league and on the international stage.

“He’s a top professional and brings with him a brilliant work-rate and many of the tools we look for in our goalkeepers, which allow them to complement the team’s style of play.

“It’s really important that we brought in the right person to strengthen our goalkeeping department and add to its culture, and I’m delighted Archie has agreed to come on board.

“His arrival means we’re now able to look for the most appropriate loan for Tiernan Brooks to gain more competitive game experience, which is currently ***** for his development.”

Mair began his career in Aberdeen’s youth setup before joining the Canaries, for whom he was twice named among the substitutes in the Premier League.

He has National League experience from a spell with King’s Lynn Town, while he has also spent time with Lincoln City and, this season, National League South title-chasers Dartford.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...igning-130123/

Quote Originally Posted by ArabianNotts View Post
    Our last Scotsman named Mair wasn’t half bad.
    Might be worth a look on the left-wing then

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Might be worth a look on the left-wing then
    He was my favourite player along with Steve carter..

6' 5" ??!!

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He was my favourite player along with Steve carter..
    This has prompted me to look what he's doing now, mainly wanted to see what his hairstyle is like now, but alas no recent pics.. Apparently he ended up working in a Morrisons supermarket and then had to retire early due to ill heath.
    Magpie Circle should get him on for a chat.

I loved watching him play.
    Does anyone else remember the speculation linking him to a move to Tottenham? Even though nothing came of it, it was a fitting compliment as they had some pretty decent midfielders in the early 80s and our Gordon would've fit their style. In the end it was Chiedozie who went there.

A Scottish keeper..I remember the day when that would send a shiver down the spine !!!..
    As for his name sake what a great player he was , scored an half decent goal over at Portman Road !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast