+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Relief

Relief

Not sure what others think but I have a feeling of relief now Marsch has gone - much as he seemed to be a nice bloke.

Some much of what he said, did pitch side or how he managed the team had become frustrating and a little grating that not having to deal with that is a pleasant change.

Gutted he wasn't good enough hopey and seriously pissed off we are yet again staring down the barrel of Championsh1t football again.

New fella (who ever it is) has got to hit the ground running otherwise we will...well I would rather not talk about it

I feel more anger than relief at this moment because in truth he should have gone way way before he did.

Glad he's gone but, per a previous post, feel this might be the first time since the Lg 1 days that we'll be relegated. Even last year did not feel it would happen. I know that was just wishful thinking on my part at that time. This year has a different feel to it. I think their is much more parity in the league and it's going to be hard for us to string enough wins to stay out of the bottom three. we just don't score enough goals.

Other than horrible strategy, Ted ended up fired because our strikers missed too many sitters. Other teams, especially against Leeds, don't seem to miss the sitters that we do.

Still think the squad is plenty strong to stay up. Better than most of the bottom half of the table.

I think some of the coaches that Radz was planning on recruiting have bailed out on him. We'll probably be taking another flyer on someone. that is scary in it's own right.

The stakes are so much higher for us than any of the bottom 6 teams. If we go down we'll be down there for years with the money and players we will lose. we aren't like a Burnley, Norwich or even a fulham that plans for contingencies. we've bet the club on staying up. I don't think the 49's will complete the buyout and we'll lose all of our best players for pennies on the dollar.

that we

Anybody that calls football " Soccer" deserves sacking.

[QUOTE=alfinyalcabo;40212906]Anybody that calls football " Soccer" deserves sacking.[/QUOTE

Or ever mentions offense

Of all those we are being linked with Slot seems to have a decent albeit short track record.

His win ratio is about 60% and in his first job he took AZ to second in the league and last year took Feyenoord to 3rd and runner up in one of the UEFA comps losing to Roma. Sinisterra was their key player that season. He won manager of the year that season.

They are currently in first place.

Started in youth coaching 10 years ago and has worked his way up.

He seems to okay a flexible/fluid 4 2 3 1 domestically but 4 3 3 in Europe and attacks in a varied way but often using width.

His sides also like to dominate possession and attack.

Defensively they use the high press but don’t get too compressed vertically or horizontally.

For what seems to be available out there sounds like we could do a lot lot worse than him.

[QUOTE=Billyni;40212932]
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Anybody that calls football " Soccer" deserves sacking.[/QUOTE

Or ever mentions offense
    Or against the ball 👀🙈

His last words We are basically a young team needed time lol WTF

[QUOTE=Billyni;40212932]
    Anybody that calls football " Soccer" deserves sacking.[/QUOTE

Or ever mentions offense
    Or goes fist pumping the crowd when we have lost....

Anybody that calls football " Soccer" deserves sacking.
    Hey, we are an American club we are entitled to call it soccer.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)