+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- John Tennyson

O/T:- John Tennyson

As some of you may already know, John Tennyson (the "man in his boxers" supporter), is planning to walk to Maidstone for the last away game of the season (in memory of his father) to raise money for cancer research.
    If you can support John's efforts in any way possible then please do. You can donate directly at gofund.me/93d3f090fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/johns-giv
    Another way to support is to enter his prize draw for a signed Notts County football which you can find on his Twitter feed.
    This is a very big undertaking for a very good cause and I would urge any body who can help to please do so.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 26-03-2023 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    As some of you may already know, John Tennyson (the "man in his boxers" supporter), is planning to walk to Maidstone for the last away game of the season (in memory of his father) to raise money for cancer research.
    If you can support John's efforts in any way possible then please do. You can donate directly at gofund.me/93d3f090fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/johns-giv
    Another way to support is to enter his prize draw for a signed Notts County football which you can find on his Twitter feed.
    This is a very big undertaking for a very good cause and I would urge any body who can help to please do so.
    https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.o...ing-page-12690

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/me-a...s-last-journey

D'oh! Thank you for that, I hadn't noticed what I'd done there!

Just to add to John's efforts, he's appearing on Notts tv tonight between 5.30 and 6.30.

Is he known as 'the man in his boxers' because,a la Naked Rambler,he cavorts in near nudity ?
    If he trolls down to Maidstone in such condition will any arrest by the embarrassed local constabulary mean that Tennyson will face the charge of the Sh!te Brigade ?
    Enquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Is he known as 'the man in his boxers' because,a la Naked Rambler,he cavorts in near nudity ?
    If he trolls down to Maidstone in such condition will any arrest by the embarrassed local constabulary mean that Tennyson will face the charge of the Sh!te Brigade ?
    I think his efforts here deserve an update. I've been following his twitter updates and have huge respect for what he's doing.

He's gotten to London and will be on his way to Maidstone today stopping just shy of the ground so he can have a nice stroll there tomorrow.

It's not been easy, has huge blisters and ankles looking pretty banged up, but he still walks.

His twitter profile for anyone who wants to send support.
    https://twitter.com/johnny5emma1?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    I think his efforts here deserve an update. I've been following his twitter updates and have huge respect for what he's doing.

He's gotten to London and will be on his way to Maidstone today stopping just shy of the ground so he can have a nice stroll there tomorrow.

It's not been easy, has huge blisters and ankles looking pretty banged up, but he still walks.

His twitter profile for anyone who wants to send support.
    https://twitter.com/johnny5emma1?s=20
    A truly magnificent effort. He should be proud of himself.

Well done that man.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    "the splendour falls on (Nottingham) castle walls"

Are they by any chance related?

I've just spoken to John, he's getting a right soaking and his feet are in a mess but he's on target!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast