+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MT One year Interview

MT One year Interview

In his one year in charge interview MT said the following (link below)

"Every single day I've tried to improve the standards and change the mindset of this club. I've tried to find a way to get people to realise that improvements have to be made, that they're worthwhile. There has to be investment in all departments. We have to everything we can do to make us more sustainable as a Championship outfit."

These seem strong words, implying that he is having to fight with the owners and executive constantly to invest and develop in the key areas. This follows on from the youth discussion we had on another thread, is that area part of MTs push?
    What do people think of what he said?

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...t-seat-4358496

Congratulations MT on your anniversary, keep doing what you are, we’ll get there.
    Just needs to concentrate on games atm and put other departments on someone else’s head

I don’t think he has to fight for everything but learning to have patience, it takes time and money, that’s why it’s important to stay in this league
    Last edited by millertop; 04-10-2023 at 09:10 AM.

Where does it imply he’s having to fight with the owners?
    I would argue he’s doing his job and pushing for better standards.
    Challenge is good not a fall out.

I think it merely reads that he's letting us know he's giving his all in his daily employed role.

There may be thinly aired points on spending in all departments but by that I can't really say what he means. He's certainly been backed by TS this season that's for sure. There is a slight gap already in the table and looking at the clubs involved this season, it sure will be his toughest test ever to try and retain Championship status this time around.

I will judge him once he's had a decent full team to work with and not just on his past 46 games, don't forget from those he gave the club success by staying up last season. He has already been hit hard with injuries this season so, let's not be too hasty to bemoan him just yet.

Also in the interview; He also believes he has contributed in another significant way to the health of the club by altering the thinking at AESSEAL New York Stadium.

This was definitely needed, we are still probably way behind everyone else in certain departments, personally I think they need to get some young blood in, Hitchens should be retired at 70
    Last edited by millertop; 04-10-2023 at 09:20 AM.

Firstly raising this post for discussion is not an attack on MT, why are so many people on here always looking for a fight with other posters, calm yoursleves down, I asked for your views so we could use a discussion board for a discussion.
    Back...asks where does it imply, well we all know that when a person reads or hears something, they might hear or read it differently than someone else. The words that jumped out at me and therefore made me think he might be struggling to get the changes he wants are "tried" it can be seen that he has tried and is struggling to change the mindset, it could also me he has tried and succeeded, depends on your take.
    I do think that he will be meausered by results and not by the other factors and I do agree he needs time with more players fit to be judged.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Firstly raising this post for discussion is not an attack on MT, why are so many people on here always looking for a fight with other posters, calm yoursleves down, I asked for your views so we could use a discussion board for a discussion.
    Back...asks where does it imply, well we all know that when a person reads or hears something, they might hear or read it differently than someone else. The words that jumped out at me and therefore made me think he might be struggling to get the changes he wants are "tried" it can be seen that he has tried and is struggling to change the mindset, it could also me he has tried and succeeded, depends on your take.
    I do think that he will be meausered by results and not by the other factors and I do agree he needs time with more players fit to be judged.
    Some of us read differently depending on the poster 😂 don’t let it get to you and carry on

I have seen a great improvement in the way we play under Taylor.

I don't believe that the results have been good enough under him.

It seems has though the club is becoming an excuse for him to fall back on when things aren't going well. The new training pitch was used as an improvement for our constant injury crisis yet with money being spent on it it's not made a difference.

I don't know another club that makes it's most expensive player sit on the subs bench.

The injuries are costing us and not allowing him to field his strongest team and for that reason I still think that he's the man for us - For Now!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I have seen a great improvement in the way we play under Taylor.

I don't believe that the results have been good enough under him.

It seems has though the club is becoming an excuse for him to fall back on when things aren't going well. The new training pitch was used as an improvement for our constant injury crisis yet with money being spent on it it's not made a difference.

I don't know another club that makes it's most expensive player sit on the subs bench.

The injuries are costing us and not allowing him to field his strongest team and for that reason I still think that he's the man for us - For Now!
    Pretty much agree with this. I like the general direction of the way MT is trying to get us to play, but as I said when it was clear what he was trying to do, it is a case that when we are forced to only recruit players who no one else in our league wants, can we get the quality of player that can play the style MT wants which requires quickness in thought, movement into space and passing accuracy/tempo. Bottom line is it is the same challenge that I felt Warne struggled with, but obviously Matt is trying to wrestle it in a different way. If I was being negative, which I am after recent away performances and looking at players struggling with the basics, I would suggest it is like he is wrestling with the sea! Possibly it's low confidence and the players are better at this than they are showing, and in fits and starts, they seem to, but it is looking deadly inconsistent at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    DM, I read your post, took onboard your points and replied accordingly but, most of all respected your views.

Subsequently, I've posted my take on it all and so have others. I don't get your statement of, ''Firstly raising this post for discussion is not an attack on MT, why are so many people on here always looking for a fight with other posters, calm yoursleves down, I asked for your views so we could use a discussion board for a discussion'' Can you explain who exactly is looking for a fight?

Just because no one seems to have agreed with your view on it all, you go all defensive thinking you're being attacked, why?

No two people in the whole world are the same and may very well view things completely different to everyone else. I think you have on this occasion failed to respect how others have viewed and posted what Matt Taylor's statement says, nothing more. As for calming down.....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast