+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redcar-v-Barnsley FC

Redcar-v-Barnsley FC

With the Oakwell Men's Team having no game this weekend Barnsley FC Media Team have been focussed on the Women's Team's build up to their trip to take on Redcar on Sunday.

All five of Jess Horseley's Women's games have been at home this season, winning two and losing three (including FA Cup exit).
    They sit nicely in mid table ready to move upwards as the season progresses. Redcar are a little above the Reds in the table but the Women will be looking forward to the challenge and shake off back to back defeats. More detail will follow on the Official Website, possibly today.

This weekend is the perfect opportunity for the club to really carry out Eleanor Dobson's ( Barnsley FC Club Secretary and EDI Lead) mission--
    "Here at Oakwell we believe that the women's game should be just as valued and celebrated as the men's game".

# Go Well Barnsley FC Women

David Coverdale (lead singer o Whitesnake/Deep Purple) is from Redcar

I once had a Redcar.

I once saw an empty horse box going to Redcar , it was taking the None Runners !!!

The animal family on my mam's side ( grandmother ) came to Barnsley from nearby Saltburn in the 1930's .

Nothing too interesting going on there you might think .

However many years later after they had both passed it came to light through tracing the family free that my Grandmother fled Saltburn escaping an abusive marriage .

With three very young kids and without a penny to her name she got off the train at Barnsley and started a new life , presumably that's how far she could afford to go .

She met my grandad in due course but they never married , we didn't know any of this .

Different times .

Animal has often wondered that if my Grandmother had another penny she would have got off at Sheffield I'd have ended up and Owl or a Blade !!!

Indeed we all hang by a thread .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The animal family on my mam's side ( grandmother ) came to Barnsley from nearby Saltburn in the 1930's .

However many years later after they had both passed it came to light through tracing the family free that my Grandmother fled Saltburn escaping an abusive marriage .

With three very young kids and without a penny to her name she got off the train at Barnsley and started a new life , presumably that's how far she could afford to go .

She met my grandad in due course but they never married , we didn't know any of this .

Different times .

Animal has often wondered that if my Grandmother had another penny she would have got off at Sheffield I'd have ended up and Owl or a Blade !!!

Thi Grandmother obviously had good taste by disembarking in Tarn. If she'd have somehow stuck the marriage out bless her, thadda probably bin watchin Smoggies nar. Still, it beats Owls or Blades. Only just mind!

If 2nd World War wunt av med me Grandparents come ova from Czech Rep and Poland respectively, I could've been following Sparta Prague or Legia Warsaw. They came to Barnsley cos mi late Grandfather worra miner. He became a big Tarn fan and its followed suit down the family ever since. He too had good taste
    Last edited by pass_and_move; 13-10-2023 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Different times .

Wow.. similar story to mine… Grandma left stairfoot, ending up in Denby Dale… and 2p after Nether edge…. And we would have been Town fans

NOT!

Traced family back to Wales..
    Gwynn Thomas might be mi father!!!
    Lol

A very important thread hi-jacked by the usual culprits.

P1ss poor Official Website build up on the game basically just saying the game is taking place. It reads like it has been done by someone "working from home" in a rush at 3pm before collecting the kids from school.

Kick Arse Eleanor. Your Equalities Mission Statement is not being put into practice.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A very important thread hi-jacked by the usual culprits.

That's got to be at least worth a public flogging

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast